What are Whey Protein ingredients?
Whey is considered as a by-product of cheese-making process. It is the fluid that remains after milk has been curdled and strained. Whey proteins contain lactoferrin, natural growth factor, lactoperoxidase, and other minor proteins. Whey proteins includes proteins, minerals, vitamins, lactose, traces of fat. Whey proteins can be classified into three different types which are whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed whey protein.
Whey protein concentrate (WPC) contains lactose of 4-8%, fat, moisture, minerals and has protein concentration that vary between 25-89%. Whey protein isolate (WPI) contains 90-95% of protein and contains little or no lactose and also very low in fat.
What are the major applications for Whey protein ingredients?
They are several potential health benefits with whey protein. Some components can give protection for some types of cancers. Peptides can protect from hypertension and have anti-inflammatory properties. Whey proteins are suitable in sports drinks because they contain amino acids that assist both as an energy source, protein source and for muscle building. Some of the common applications for whey proteins are protein beverages and bars, confectionary and bakery products, nutritional food products, protein bars, protein beverages, sports and medical nutrition products, protein beverages, infant formula, protein supplementation products and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Whey protein ingredients market
- Arla food ingredients has developed a unique whey protein isolate called crystal clear beverages which are extremely appealing as a tasty and refreshing soft drink. It is a fat free drink with added health claims for bones and muscles. When applied in drink applications, can give a high protein content yet crystal clear.
- The recent trend influencing growth in market is use of whey protein in cancer preventing compounds. Lactoferrin, a protein in whey proteins helps in binding iron, reduce the formation of free radicals and thereby preventing the cell damage and reducing the risk of cancer.
- Arla food ingredients has developed an on trend whey protein iced-coffee concept that can make bone strengthening, muscle building. It’s a source of phosphorous and calcium through the inclusion of capolac milk minerals which helps maintain bone mass and muscles.
- War on sugar, carbohydrate energy is a consumer need in sports nutrition, this trend opens a new market for whey protein. The whey water which is naturally rich in lactose, becomes one attractive alternative to added sugars in water-based sports drinks. Whey permeate replaces electrolytes which contains a small amount of whey peptides which carry additional health benefits.
Who are the Major Players in Whey protein ingreditiens market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Arla foods amba, Davisco foods international, Milk specialties Global, Glanbia PLC, Hilmar cheese company, Agropur, Fonterra cooperative group, Milk specialties, Westland milk, Agropur industries, Kerry group.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Please Note: The report is to be delivered in 1-2 working days after an order is placed.
2. Executive Summary
3. Whey protein ingredients Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Whey protein ingredients Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Whey protein ingredients Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Whey protein ingredients Market - By Type
6.2. Whey protein concentrate
6.2.1. WPC 35/34
6.3. Whey protein isolate
6.4. Hydrolyzed whey protein
6.5. Demineralized way powder
6.6. Milk protein
7. Whey protein ingredients Market – By Application
7.1. Bakery and confectionary
7.1.1. Baked products
7.1.2. Ice-cream mixes
7.1.7. Infant formula
7.2.2. Protein bars
7.2.3. ISO sports drinks
7.2.4. RTD protein drinks
7.2.5. PH beverages
7.3. Sports nutrition
7.4. Infant nutrition
7.5. Meat products and others
8. Whey protein market- By distribution channel
8.3. Specialty stores
8.4. Drug retailers
9. Whey protein ingredients Substrate Market - By Geography
9.1. North America
9.1.4. Rest of North America
9.2. South America
9.2.7. Costa Rica
9.2.8. Rest of South America
9.3.9. Rest of Europe
9.4.3. South Korea
9.4.7. Hong Kong
9.4.8. Rest of APAC
9.5. Middle East& Africa
9.5.2. South Africa
9.5.3. Saudi Arabia
9.6. Rest of Middle East and Africa
10. Market Entropy
10.1. New Product Launches
10.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
11.1. Arla foods amba
11.2. Davisco foods international
11.3. Milk specialties Global
11.4. Glanbia PLC
11.5. Hilmar cheese company
11.7. Fonterra cooperative group
11.8. Milk specialties
11.9. Westland milk
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights