Antimicrobial coatings ensure and maintain surface quality, and prevent the formation of rust, cracks, bubbles, algae and fungi. The global Antimicrobial Coatings Market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand across various end-user industries. The global market for antimicrobial coatings was estimated to be $2,377.3 million in 2020. The antimicrobial coatings market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.65% during the forecast period 2020-25. The key factors driving the market include increase in incidence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), rise in geriatric population and growing awareness among end consumers
What is Antimicrobial Coatings?
Antimicrobial coatings describes the collective knowledge, expertise and methods of using additives to create products that are permanently protected against microbes. Antimicrobial is used to describe substances which demonstrate the ability to reduce the presence of microbes, such as bacteria and mould.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Antimicrobial Coatings Market by raw materials, type, end user industries and geography.
What are the major applications for Antimicrobial Coatings?
Antimicrobial Technology will provide lasting protection from bacteria, including superbugs such as MRSA and E.coli. It will mitigate the development of all types of mould and is safe for use in plastics, paints, coatings, fabrics and many other material types to reduce the risk of unsightly and potentially harmful growths. It makes a product effective against viruses, such as the prevalent H1N1 influenza virus.
Antimicrobial Coatings Market
Market Research and Market Trends of Antimicrobial Coatings
- Parx Plastics holds novel technology which creates antimicrobial thermoplastics. By applying biomimetics and nanotechnology, the company developed a method to make an intrinsic change to plastic, resulting in a mechanical or physical property that acts against bacteria and micro-organisms.
- Nanoencapsulation: An efficient technology to boost the antimicrobial potential of plant essential oils in food system. Nanoencapsulation approaches to boost the preservative potential of essential oils.
- Increasing Awareness among End Consumers: Various factors such as increasing prevalence of infectious disease, change in lifestyle has led to the increased awareness among people. The usage of home based infectious disease kits; and the technological advancement with regard to development of superior, faster, and ready-to-use microbes and infection control products such as disinfectants, ethylene oxide sterilization, and immunochemistry products and so on are stimulating the demand of the antimicrobial coatings market.
Who are the Major Players in market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes AK Coatings, Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V., Alistagen Corporation, BASF SE, BBJ Environmental Solutions, Cupron Inc., Dow Microbial Control, Fiber lock Technologies, Inc., PPG Industries, Inc., Microban International Ltd and more than 20 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market."
Please Note: The report is to be delivered in 1-2 working days after an order is placed.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Antimicrobial Coatings Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Antimicrobial Coatings Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Antimicrobial Coatings Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Antimicrobial Coatings Market - Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Antimicrobial Coatings Market – By Raw Materials (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.1. Inorganic Coatings
6.3.3. Others (includes Zinc-Oxide, Zirconium, Titanium dioxide, Quaternary Ammonia and Zinc Omadine)
7. Antimicrobial Coatings Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.1. Escherichia Coli
8. Antimicrobial Coatings – By End Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
8.3.1. Photo Catalytic Coatings
8.3.3. Food and Beverages
8.3.5. Mold Remediation
9. Antimicrobial Coatings - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Antimicrobial Coatings Market - North America Segment Research
9.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
9.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.2.2. Revenue and Trends
9.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of North America
9.3. Antimicrobial Coatings - South America Segment Research
9.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.4.2. Revenue and Trends
9.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Costa Rica
18.104.22.168. Rest of South America
9.5. Antimicrobial Coatings - Europe Segment Research
9.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.6.2. Revenue and Trends
9.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of Europe
9.7. Antimicrobial Coatings – APAC Segment Research
9.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
9.8.2. Revenue and Trends
9.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
9.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. South Korea
10. Antimicrobial Coatings Market - Entropy
10.1. New product launches
10.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
11. Antimicrobial Coatings Market Company Analysis
11.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
11.2. AK Coatings, Inc.
11.3. Akzo Nobel N.V.
11.4. Alistagen Corporation
11.5. BASF SE
11.6. BBJ Environmental Solutions
11.7. Cupron Inc.
11.8. Dow Microbial Control
11.9. Fiber lock Technologies, Inc.
11.10. PPG Industries, Inc.
11.11. Microban International Ltd
12. Antimicrobial Coatings Market - Appendix
13. Antimicrobial Coatings Market - Methodology
13.1. Research Methodology
13.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
13.1.2. Industry Databases
13.1.4. Company News
13.1.5. Company Annual Reports
13.1.6. Application Trends
13.1.7. New Products and Product database
13.1.8. Company Transcripts
13.1.9. R&D Trends
13.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
13.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends