- an overview of the furniture industry for 28 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. Data cover production, consumption, imports, exports for 2014 and consumption forecasts for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- a focus on the furniture sector in 4 large markets in Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico. For each country, the report offers an analysis of the sector performance and market potential, and a brief overview of the competitive system, providing also historical figures for production, exports, imports and consumption. Furthermore short profiles of manufacturers operating in the country are provided.
This market research report also includes:
- Apparent furniture consumption for 28 countries and by geographical area in 2014 and prospects for the three following years.
- Furniture imports for 28 countries and by geographical area including a matrix showing the main countries of origin of furniture imports.
- Furniture production for 28 countries in 2014.
- Large urban markets in Latin America and the Caribbean. Urbanization will be rapid, with important implications for the growth of furniture consumption
Statistics and outlook data are also available in a country format:
- data for 2014 on furniture market size
- data for 2014 on furniture production
- data for 2014 on furniture trade
- origin of furniture imports
- destination of furniture exports
- country rankings to place all statistics in a broad Latin American context.
The 28 country tables include additional socio economic indicators:
- Total household consumption expenditure (in billions of US$)
- Total GNP at purchasing power parity (in billions of US$)
- Per capita GNP at purchasing power parity (in US$)
- Urban population
- internet users and mobile cellular subscriptions
Key issues of the Latin America Furniture Outlook market research report
- an overview of the furniture industry in Latin American countries
- a rich collection of key country-data, allowing comparisons among countries
- 2015, 2016 and 2017 forecasts on the evolution of furniture markets in the considered countries, based on the analysis of furniture industry dynamics and of macro-economic indicators
South America (12 countries): Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Central America including Mexico (8 countries): Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama.
The Caribbean (7 countries plus the Eastern Caribbean group of 6 countries): Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago. The Eastern Caribbean countries are Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Furniture consumption in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Basic economic data on countries of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Overview of the furniture sector in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The outlook for furniture consumption
Part II Furniture Indicators for Latin America and the Caribbean
Overview of the furniture sector in Latin America and the Caribbean. Alphabetical order
- Overview of the furniture sector in Latin America and the Caribbean. Ranking by size of imports
Part III Profiles of the Furniture Sector in 4 Large Markets in Latin America
- Profile of the furniture sector in Argentina
- Profile of the furniture sector in Brazil
- Profile of the furniture sector in Chile
- Profile of the furniture sector in Mexico
Appendix - Notes, presentation conventions, classification of countries