Vibration of Functionally Graded Beams and Plates uses numerically efficient computational techniques to analyze vibration problems associated with FG beams and plates. Introductory material on FG materials and structural members, as well as a range of vibration and shear deformation theories are discussed, providing a valuable summary of these broader themes.
The latest research and analysis of vibration in FG materials is presented in an application-oriented manner, linking the research to its importance in fields such as aerospace, nuclear power, and automotive engineering.
The book also features research on the complicating effects of thermal environments, piezoelectricity, and elastic foundations. The innovative computational procedures and simulation results are shown in full throughout, providing a uniquely valuable resource for users of numerical modeling software.
This book is essential reading for any researcher or practitioner interested in FG materials, or the design of technology for the nuclear power, aerospace, and automotive industries.
- Defines the basic preliminaries of vibration and FG materials
- Introduces historical background and recent developments in functionally graded materials with references for further reading
- Shows computational procedures with simulation results
- Includes many easy to understand example problems
- Presents various analytical and numerical procedures for each solution
2. Origin and basics of functionally graded structural members
2.1. History of FG materials
2.2. Variation of material properties (power-law and exponential laws)
3. Analytical and numerical methods
3.1. History of various methods
3.2. Analytical Methods
3.3. Computational procedure of numerical method(s)
4. Functionally graded beams
4.1. Power-law variation
4.2. Shear deformation beam theories
4.3. Kinematic relations
4.4. Vibration of FG beams
5. Functionally graded plates
5.1. Power-law and exponential law variation
5.2. Classical plate theory
5.3. Kinematic relations
6. Vibration of rectangular FG plates
6.1. Power-law variation
6.2. Exponential law variation
7. Vibration of circular and elliptic FG plates
8. Vibration of triangular FG plates
9. Functionally graded plates with complicating effects
9.1. Thermal environments
9.2. Elastic foundations
10. Practical examples and experimental studies
S Chakraverty is a recipient of the Indian Science Congress Association's Platinum Jubilee Lecture Award, and the Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Fuzzy Computation and Modelling. His research is concerned with the application of numerical modelling to a broad range of problems, and he has been widely published both books and journal articles.
Pradhan, Karan Kumar
Senior Research Fellow, Dept of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India
KK Pradhan's research interests are numerical modeling, vibration problems, and structural members