- APAC countries ranked by HNWIs and multi-millionaires, with growth rates.
- Top cities for HNWIs.
- Emerging cities for HNWIs.
- Investments and spending review of APAC HNWIs, including: behavioural mapping, luxury sales, collectables and prime real estate.
- Review of the APAC wealth management sector, including major players by AuM.
- Wealth per capita rankings.
- There are approximately 3.5 million HNWIs living in APAC, with combined wealth holdings of US$17.7 trillion.
- Sri Lanka and Vietnam are expected to be the fastest growing APAC markets over the next 10 years.
- We estimate that the APAC region generated luxury sector revenue of US$156 billion in 2015, out of a global total of US$850 billion.
- Assets managed by worldwide wealth managers, family offices and private banks totaled US$19.3 trillion at the end of 2015. Approximately US$3.1 trillion of this was held in APAC.
- We estimate that APAC HNWIs held approximately US$23 billion worth of fine art at the end of 2015. The bulk of this was purchased at auctions in London, Hong Kong and New York.
- UBS is the biggest wealth manager by APAC AuM. Citibank is second.
2 Country statisitcs
2.1 Benchmarking Asia Pacific’s Wealth in Context
2.1.1 World statistics
2.1.2 Asia Pacific statistics
2.2 Wealth per capita rankings
2.3 Total wealth rankings
2.4 HNWI rankings
2.5 HNWI trends since 2000
2.6 HNWI trends over the past year
2.7 HNWI forecasts to 2025
2.8 Multi-millionaire rankings
3 Major cities
3.1 HNWI city rankings
3.2 HNWI city trends since 2000
3.3 HNWI city forecasts to 2025
3.4 Multi-millionaire city rankings
4 Emerging cites
5 Investments and spending of APAC HNWIs
5.1 Behavioral mapping
5.2 Luxury sales by country
5.4 Prime real estate
6 Wealth management in Asia Pacific
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI wealth band and group definitions
Table 2: Asia Pacific: Wealth per capita, 2015
Table 3: Asia Pacific: Total individual wealth rankings, 2015
Table 4: Asia Pacific: HNWIs by country, 2015
Table 5: Asia Pacific: HNWI growth by country, 2000-2015
Table 6: Asia Pacific: HNWI growth by country, 2014-2015
Table 7: Asia Pacific: HNWI growth forecast by country, 2015-2025
Table 8: Asia Pacific: Multi-millionaires by country, 2015
Table 9: Asia Pacific: Top cities for HNWIs, 2015
Table 10: Asia Pacific: Top cities by HNWI growth, 2000-2015
Table 11: Asia Pacific: Top cities by HNWI growth, 2015-2025
Table 12: Asia Pacific: Multi-millionaires by city, 2015
Table 13: Asia Pacific: Emerging cities for HNWIs, 2015
Table 14: Asia Pacific: Emerging cities by HNWI growth, 2000-2015
Table 15: Asia Pacific: Emerging cities by HNWI growth, 2015-2025
Table 16: Asia Pacific: Emerging cities for multi-millionaires, 2015
Table 17: Asia Pacific: Largest luxury markets by annual sales, 2015
Table 18: Global: Trends in Art, Wine and Wheels, 2007 - 2015
Table 19: Asia Pacific: Top selling super-luxury watch brands (men only), 2015
Table 20: Asia Pacific: Top cities ranked by US$ per square meter, 2015
Table 21: Asia Pacific: Wealth management companies by APAC AuM, 2015
Table 22: Asia Pacific: Main holding centers for wealth management, 2015
Table 23: Australia: Major multi-family offices, 2015
Table 24: Australia: Major single-family offices, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Asia Pacific: HNWIs - Behavioral Mapping, 2015
Figure 2: Global: Trends in Art, Wine and Wheels, 2007 - 2015