Basic concepts are introduced using a step-by-step approach and illustrated with MATLAB® codes that the reader can use and adapt. Topics covered include:
- classical optimization methods
- one dimensional optimization
- unconstrained and constrained optimization
- global optimization
- space mapping optimization
- adjoint variable methods
Nonlinear Optimization in Electrical Engineering with Applications in MATLAB® is essential reading for advanced students in electrical engineering.
- Chapter 2: An introduction to linear programming
- Chapter 3: Classical optimization
- Chapter 4: One-dimensional optimization-line search
- Chapter 5: Derivative-free unconstrained techniques
- Chapter 6: First-order unconstrained optimization techniques
- Chapter 7: Second-order unconstrained optimization techniques
- Chapter 8: Constrained optimization techniques
- Chapter 9: Introduction to global optimization techniques
- Chapter 10: Adjoint sensitivity analysis
McMaster University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Canada.
Mohamed Bakr is an Associate Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McMaster University, Canada, where his research interests include optimization methods, computeraided design and modelling of microwave circuits, neural networks applications, smart analysis of microwave circuits and efficient optimization using time domain simulation methods.