Wind Power Integration: Connection and System Operational Aspects, 2nd edition has been fully revised and updated to take account of the significant growth in wind power deployment in the past few years to provide a wide-ranging discussion on all major aspects of wind power integration into electricity supply systems.
- the development of wind power technology and its world-wide deployment
- a primer in electric power engineering for non-electrical engineers – which system delivers significant wind energy to consumers at least cost?
- wind power technology and the interaction of various wind turbine generator types with the utility network
- utility networks, and how they may be developed to accept significant wind power
- how operational practice can be modified to take account of a variable power source with limited scope for control
- wind power forecasting
- the challenges faced by wind energy in modern electricity markets
This second edition has been fully revised and updated to take account of the significant growth in wind power deployment in the past few years. New discussions have been added to describe developments in wind turbine generator technology and control, the network integration of wind power, innovative ways to integrate wind power when its generation potential exceeds 50% of demand, case studies on how forecasting errors have affected system operation, and an update on how the wind energy sector has fared in the marketplace.
Wind Power Integration: Connection and System Operational Aspects, 2nd edition will appeal to engineers from various disciplines looking for an overview of a technology that is providing a major impetus for sustainable electricity supply in the twenty-first century.
- Chapter 2: Power system fundamentals
- Chapter 3: Wind power technology
- Chapter 4: Network integration of wind power
- Chapter 5: Operation of power systems
- Chapter 6: Wind characteristics and forecasting
- Chapter 7: Wind power and electricity markets
- Chapter 8: The future
- Appendix A: FACTS technology
- Appendix B: Model grid code