This book presents a state of the art review of integrated circuits, systems and transceivers for wireless and mobile communications. Contributions from world-class researchers focus upon the most recent developments in key RF, IF and baseband components and subsystems and transceiver architecture in CMOS technology. Adopting a top-down approach from wireless communications systems, mobile terminals and transceivers, to constituent components, this book covers the whole range of baseband, IF and RF issues in a systematic way. Circuit and system techniques for design and implementation of reconfigurable low voltage and low power single-chip CMOS transceivers for both mobile cellular and wireless LAN applications are included.
- Chapter 2: Non-complex signal processing in a low-IF receiver
- Chapter 3: A reconfigurable baseband chain for 3G wireless receivers
- Chapter 4: Field-programmable and reconfigurable analogue and mixed-signal arrays
- Chapter 5: A low-power, low-voltage Bluetooth channel filter using class AB CMOS transconductors
- Chapter 6: Design and automatic tuning of integrated continuous-time filters
- Chapter 7: Low-voltage integrated RF CMOS modules and frontend for 5 GHz and beyond
- Chapter 8: Design of integrated CMOS power amplifiers for wireless transceivers
- Chapter 9: Parasitic-aware RF IC design and optimisation
- Chapter 10: Testing of RF, analogue and mixed-signal circuits for communications: an embedded approach
University of Hertforshire, UK.
Yichuang Sun is Professor of Communications Electronics at the University of Hertforshire, UK. He obtained a PhD from the University of York, UK. His research interests include integrated active filters, analogue and mixed-signal circuits, fault diagnosis and testing, RF and communications circuits, and wireless and mobile communication systems. He has published some 150 papers and has authored and edited two books on modern filter design. Professor Sun is a Series Editor of the IEE Circuits, Devices and Systems Series and has been Guest Editor of two special issues of IEE Proceedings Circuits, Devices and Systems. He serves on several technical committees of IEEE Societies and UKRI Section and he has also been on the programme committees of many international conferences.