In this thorough overview, Mihai Albulet presents a full account of RF amplifiers and shows that understanding large-signal RF signals is simply a matter of understanding basic principles and their applications. In addition to discussing the basic concepts used in the analysis and design of RF power amplifiers, detailed mathematical derivations indicate the assumptions and limitations of the presented results, allowing the reader to calculate their usefulness in practical designs. Covered are amplification classes, circuit topologies, bias circuits, and matching networks.
- Chapter 2: Classic RF Power Amplifiers
- Chapter 3: Class D RF Power Amplifiers
- Chapter 4: Class E Power Amplifiers
- Chapter 5: Class F Amplifiers
- Chapter 6: Class S Power Amplifiers and Modulators
- Chapter 7: RF Power Transistors
Microsoft Corporation, USA.
Mihai Albulet is an international expert on radio communications, analog/RF circuits, digital circuits, and firmware design. He is currently an electrical engineer with Microsoft Corporation, where he is involved with wireless design and development.