The Electrician's Guide to Fire Detection and Alarm Systems, 2nd Edition incorporates the changes to the updated Code of Practice for Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of Systems in Non-domestic Premises, BS 5839:2013.
This guide is one of a number of publications prepared by the IET to provide guidance on specific areas of electrical installations in buildings. It takes into account the relevant parts of BS 7671 and BS 5839.
This guide is essential for all fire alarm designers, installers and specifiers, in addition to electricians, electrical contractors and their managers, installation designers, and students in further education and professional training.
- Chapter 1: Fire safety legislation
- Chapter 2: The building control approvals process
- Chapter 3: Introduction to Approved Document B: Fire safety
- Chapter 4: Dwellings - Approved Document B, Volume 1
- Chapter 5: Dwellings - British Standard 5839-6
- Chapter 6: Buildings other than dwellings - Approved Document B, Volume 2
- Chapter 7: Buildings other than dwellings - British Standard 5839-1
- Chapter 8: BS 7671:2008 Requirements for electrical installations
- Chapter 9: British Standards
- Chapter 10: Scottish building standards
Paul Cook CEng FIEE was previously the Principal Engineer in the Technical Regulations department of the IEE. For many years he was closely involved in the preparation of BS 7671 and related publications. He has wide experience of electrical contracting in various roles from design engineer to business manager.