This book is a complete guide to the IET Wiring Regulations and the important changes in Amendment 3 to BS 7671:2008.
It provides comprehensive guidance on all aspects of electrical installation design, including the Electricity Safety Quality and Continuity Regulations. Derivations of the requirements are included along with the relevant formulas, data, installation design calculations, and examples.
The Commentary also includes guidance on related subjects, such as the prevention of electromagnetic interference, allowance for harmonic currents and the use of cable armouring.
- Chapter 2: Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Chapter 3: Assessment of general characteristics
- Chapter 4: Protection against electric shock
- Chapter 5: Protection against thermal effects
- Chapter 6: Protection against overcurrent
- Chapter 7: Protection against overvoltages
- Chapter 8: Common rules for the selection and erection of equipment
- Chapter 9: Selection and erection of wiring systems
- Chapter 10: Protection, isolation, switching and control
- Chapter 11: Earthing arrangements and protective conductors
- Chapter 12: Generators and other equipment
- Chapter 13: Safety services
- Chapter 14: Inspection and testing
- Chapter 15: Special installations or locations
- Chapter 16: Current-carrying capacity and voltage drop for cables and cords
- Chapter 17: Harmonics
- Chapter 18: Calculations
- Appendix A: The first century of the Wiring Regulations
- Appendix B: The first IEE rules and regulations
- Appendix C: Tables
- Appendix D: Maximum demand and diversity