This Code of Practice will provide the information required to ensure that a solar PV system is designed, installed and operated to comply with relevant UK / international standards and good practice recommendations. Coverage includes:
- All parts of a grid-connected solar PV system up to and including the connection to the AC mains.
- LV and HV connections and components.
- All scales of application, from small domestic systems to large scale PV farms.
- Building-mounted, building-integrated and ground-mounted systems.
- Grid-connected systems with battery storage.
Note: Off-grid solar PV and concentrating solar PV systems are not specifically covered by this document, however some elements of this document may apply.
This Code of Practice is primarily intended for use by solar PV system designers and installers, developers and operators responsible for the safe and effective design, installation and operation of solar PV systems. It will also be invaluable to architects, construction firms, facility and estate managers, and for anyone investing in or overseeing solar PV systems deployment.
- Section 2: Overview of solar PV systems, components and architectures
- Section 3: Solar PV array and module operating characteristics and behaviour
- Section 4: System performance
- Section 5: d.c. system electrical design
- Section 6: Protection against lightning and overvoltage
- Section 7: Inverters
- Section 8: a.c. system requirements: low voltage
- Section 9: Network connection and DNO approval
- Section 10: High Voltage (HV) systems
- Section 11: Mechanical and civil design and installation
- Section 12: System monitoring
- Section 13: Battery systems
- Section 14: Installation process
- Section 15: Health and safety
- Section 16: System commissioning
- Section 17: Handover and documentation
- Section 18: Operation and maintenance
- Annex A: Glossary
- Annex B: References, national and international regulations and standards
- Annex C: System labels and signs