The Recommendations for Energy-efficient Exterior Lighting Systems supports informed customers / users of exterior lighting systems, providing a basis for evaluation of technical issues and decision-making on technology adoption in order to achieve functional, budgetary and compliance requirements. It provides recommendations for decision making and appropriate approaches to the specification and procurement of energy efficient exterior lighting systems.
The target audience for the guide includes those responsible for managing the specification, procurement and implementation of exterior lighting systems.
- Section 2: Exterior lighting design
- Section 3: Technology change-over, retrofit and replacement considerations
- Section 4: Financial management
- Section 5: Asset management
- Section 6: Performance requirements
- Section 7: Design brief in context
- Section 8: Lighting system component specification and selection
- Section 9: Lighting scheme installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance
- Annex A: Energy Efficient Exterior Lighting Systems - Good Practice Specification Template
- Annex B: Technology development for exterior lighting applications
- Annex C: Funding sources
- Annex D: Regulations, standards and guidance
- Annex E: Glossary