This new edition of this popular text has been fully updated to reflect SysML 1.3, the latest version of the standard, and the discussion has been extended to show the power of SysML as a tool for systems engineering in an MBSE context. Beginning with a thorough introduction to the concepts behind MBSE, and the theoretical aspects and syntax of SysML, the book then describes how to implement SysML and MBSE in an organisation, and how to model real projects effectively and efficiently, illustrated using an extensive case study.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to model-based systems engineering
- Chapter 2: Approach
- Chapter 3: MBSE concepts
- Part 2: Modelling
- Chapter 4: Introduction to SysML and systems modelling
- Chapter 5: The SysML notation
- Chapter 6: Diagramming guidelines
- Part 3: Applications
- Chapter 7: Process modelling with MBSE
- Chapter 8: Expanded Process modelling
- Chapter 9: Requirements modelling with MBSE
- Chapter 10: Expanded requirements modelling - systems of systems
- Chapter 11: Architectures and Architectural Frameworks with MBSE
- Part 4: Case Study
- Chapter 12: Case study introduction and Architectural Framework
- Chapter 13: The Case Study
- Part 5: Deploying MBSE
- Chapter 14: The 'People'
- Chapter 15: The 'Process'
- Chapter 16: The 'Tool'
- Part 6: Annex
Professor Jon Holt an internationally-recognised expert in model-based systems engineering and this is his ninth book in the field. Jon is also a fellow of both the IET and the BCS and is an international award-winning public speaker.Simon Perry
Simon Perry has over 25 years experience working as a systems and software engineer, and is an expert in model-based systems engineering. He is a Member of the IET and INCOSE and a public speaker. This is his fifth book in the field.