This generates the need for a connected architecture which could seamlessly communicate among distributed data sources and provide real-time information when required. The present applications in healthcare sector are focused towards providing specific solutions. The diverse devices used for the purpose are of different architecture and design. Thus it lacks the capability to interconnect with each other for effective information sharing.
Interoperability of devices will enable medical professionals to access critical information from any place using any kind of devices such as desktop, mobile or tablet, thereby improving flexibility. In addition, infrastructure cost for deployment of separate information system and devices for communication incurs huge cost for the organizations. This hinders adoption of advanced system among small and medium health organizations.
The Internet of things (IoT) is a concept that has emerged from a vision of an always connected world. Seamless connectivity between devices anywhere, anytime, in any condition is the goal behind the concept of IoT. This research service explores the impact of Internet of Things in Healthcare sector. The report also highlights the key enabling technologies and their convergence prospect to envision the future connected healthcare systems and applications.
In brief, this research service provides the following:
- A brief snapshot of Connected Healthcare System
- Drivers of Connected Health and challenges in its adoption
- Technology Value Chain
- Key Enabling Technologies and the industry participants facilitating the concept of Connected Health
- Key application areas and some emerging Connected Health applications
- Roadmap of the enabling technologies and applications
- Research Scope
- Key Findings
- Research Methodology
- Overview of the Topic
- Factors Pushing the Concept of Connected Health
- Key Challenges in Adopting Connected Healthcare System
- Key Benefits of Connected Healthcare
- Building Blocks of Internet of Healthcare Things
- How Can We Use Sensors for Enabling Connected Health ?
- Companies at The Forefront of The Sensor Market for Connected Health
- How Can We Use Big Data Analytics for Enabling Connected Health ?
- Companies at The Forefront of The Big Data Analytics Market for Connected Health
- How Can We Use Cloud Computing for Enabling Connected Health ?
- Companies at The Forefront of The Cloud Computing Market for Connected Health
- Interoperability Standards Facilitating Connected Health Initiatives
- Key Service Segments of Connected Healthcare
- IoT Powered Application - Chronic Disease Management
- Technology Roadmap to Enable Internet of Healthcare Things
- Analyst Insights - Road to Connected Healthcare System
- Key Contacts
- Key Patents
- Legal Disclaimer