The size of the total connected truck market was approximately units in 2015 with about X% penetration across the total addressable market.
Entry-level services such as track and trace, performance records (pick-ups and drop-offs), traffic information, and arrival time prediction are the immediate requirements of the fleet operators.
ISUZU is the first mover offering optional telematics since 2002. Other notable OEMs are Hino and UD Trucks, while Horiba Ltd., Hitachi Automotive Systems, Fujitsu, and Yazaki are the key aftermarket vendors.
The most prevalent and preferred business model is the upfront one where hardware cost is claimed initially followed by a monthly service subscription fee.
- Key findings
3. Total Connected Truck Market Overview
- Connected Truck - Total Addressable Market and Contributions
- Drivers - Impact and Duration
- Restraints - Impact and Duration
- Telematics Service Pricing Range
- Connected Truck Market - Solution Types
- Key Vendors - Solution and Services
- Connected Truck Market - By Business Model
- Legal Disclaimer
- Table of Acronyms Used