- The total revenue of telecommunications services in the Brazilian market reached $X billion in 2014. This number is below the one report in the previous version of this study, $X billion, mainly due to the effect of an conversion rate depreciation of X%.
- As a result of the conversion rate too, in 2014 the total telecommunications services revenue decreased X%, while the market still presented X% growth in local currency.
- The Small and Medium Business segment has the major CAGR, X%, while Residential and Corporate segments have X% and X%, respectively.
- While Mobile Data, Fixed Broadband and Pay TV services have grown double-digit compared to 2013, X%, X%, X%, respectively. Mobile and Fixed Voice services presented a significant drop, X% and X%.
- Causes for this drop are related to decreasing mobile termination rates, cost reduction initiatives by consumer and enterprises due to the economic situation, as well as substitution for other types of communication, such as messaging and unified communication & collaboration solutions.
- However, the total Telecom Services is likely to grow from 2014 to 2020 at a CAGR of X%, as the effect of the mobile termination rate cuts is likely to reduce, and products such as Mobile and Fixed Broadband, M2M and Pay TV services continue to grow at double-digit rates.
- The Data communications growth is driven by Dedicated Internet, IP VPN MPLS and Metro Ethernet. However, as the Corporate segment becomes increasingly saturated, VAS and IT services become the focus of Telcos.
- The largest Groups in Brazil, América Móvil, Telefonica VIVO and Oi, concentrate X% of revenues, and this trend is likely to increase with mergers & acquisitions happening in the market (i.e Telefonica VIVO + GVT was not considered as a group until 2014).
Key Questions Answered
- What are the trends in the market, regarding technology, competition, consumer demands, and the economy?
- How are the residential, SMB, and corporate segments performing?
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Which telecommunications services present the highest growth opportunities from 2014 to 2020?
- What are the most important regulatory issues affecting telecommunications services in Brazil?
- What are the main industry restraints that operators will face until 2020?
2. Key Findings
3. Market Engineering Measurements
- Market Overview
- Drivers and Restraints - Total Market
- Forecasts and Trends - Total Market
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis - Total Market
- Residential Segment Analysis
- SMB Segment Analysis
- Corporate Segment Analysis
- Region Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
- The Last Word