The rise of personalized nutrition is providing fresh impetus and new opportunities within the market for dietary supplements. This report considers the evolving landscape of the supplements industry.
- Personalized nutrition offers manufacturers the chance to develop an ongoing relationship with consumers rather than a single transactional approach. This benefits both suppliers who can build a base of loyal customers and consumers who gain a personalized and dedicated service.
- Although the growth of the global market for vitamins minerals and supplements has slowed in recent years the personalized nutrition trend will push growth at a CAGR of 6.5% from an estimated total value of $93bn in 2015 to $127bn in 2020.
- In 2015 WellPath joined forces with 23andMe and FitBit to offer a service to customers that provides customized packages of monthly supplements based on an unprecedented level of personal information.
The objective of "Dietary Supplements in an Age of Personalized Nutrition" is to examine the effects of personalized nutrition on the global dietary supplements industry. The content outlines the different approaches to personalized nutrition with current examples of innovation and best practice within the marketplace. The report considers how the rise of personalized nutrition will impact on the global market for dietary supplements over the short-to-medium term and offers suggestions and recommendations to manufacturers for achieving success within this new landscape.
Reasons To Buy:
- Assess the different approaches to personalized nutrition with current examples of innovation and best practice within the marketplace.
- Use market data to examine the current value in the market and how this will change moving forward.
- Consider recent controversies in personalized nutrition including ethical concerns lack of regulation data confidentiality and gene patenting.
- Identify companies and collaborations that have achieved success in this market.
The rise of personalized nutrition
Innovations in personalized nutrition
Dietary supplements market
Strategies for success
Chapter 1 Introduction
Food versus medicine
The dietary supplements market
Trends fueling growth
Trusted ingredient sourcing
Personalized nutrition: a key consumer trend
Chapter 2 The rise of personalized nutrition
The trend towards personalization
Human Genome Project
Examples of personalized medicine in practice
Benefits of personalized nutrition
Controversies in personalized nutrition
Chapter 3 Innovation in personalized nutrition
Supplement opportunities arising from personalized nutrition
Personalization at the demographic level
Personalization at the level of individual preference and lifestyle
Home supplement dispenser
Personalization at the level of biological testing
Personalized nutrition: an emerging industry in its own right
Existing and emerging players in personalized nutrition
Chapter 4 Dietary supplements market
Consumer acceptance of personalization nutrition
Impact of personalized nutrition on supplements market
Projected growth of dietary supplements market
Regional variation in dietary supplements market
Diagnostic testing market
Chapter 5 Strategies for success
Profile of the motivated consumer
1. Build partnerships and collaborations with complementing industries
2. Build ongoing relationships with customers
3. Increase the at-home and online offering
4. Maintain credibility
Invest in research
Invest in PR
5. Drive costs down
6. Leverage familiarity with personalized medicine
7. Develop protocols for data security
8. Increase branding to improve product differentiation
Companies and consortia active in personalized nutrition
- Wellness FX
- Nordic Naturals
- Lipid Technologies
- Cleveland HeartLab
- Pure Encapsulations
- Genova Diagnostics
- Interleukin Genetic