- The North American personal protective equipment (PPE) distribution market is estimated to have generated a revenue of $X Billion in 2015 and is expected to experience a CAGR of X% between 2015 and 2020.
- General industrial distributors hold the major share of the PPE distribution market in North America.
- The market is rapidly consolidating with aggressive mergers and acquisitions (M&A) by general industrial distributors with the aim of increased safety specialization.
- Safety specialist distributors are also actively competing by forming Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs).
Top Distribution Trends:
- Distributors continue to dominate the PPE sales route in North America.
- Investments on new technology platforms such as e-commerce and PPE vending machines enable distributors to serve customers better.
- Emerging business models such as private labels and GPOs are rapidly transforming the distribution landscape in North America.
- Key Findings
- Regional Scope - North America
- PPE Distribution Market Overview - North America
- PPE Industry Supply Chain - North America
- Types of PPE Distributors
- What Do Different Distributors Sell?
- General Industrial Distributors Versus Safety Specialist Distributors - Success Factors
- Other Specialist Distributors
- PPE Distribution Market Engineering Measurements
- PPE Distribution - Market Size Versus Distribution Sales
- Percent Revenue Breakdown by Product Type
- Percent Revenue Breakdown by Country
- Strength of Distributor Types - North America
- North American PPE Distribution Market Consolidation Snapshot
- Top Distribution Trends in North American PPE Market
- Growth of Private Labels - Benefits for PPE Distributors
- Growth of Private Labels - Benefits for the Customers and PPE Manufactures
- Growth of Private Labels - Drawbacks
- Private Label Offerings of a Few Key Distributors in North America
- Ease of Private Labelling by PPE Type
- Differing Views on Vending Concept - North America
- PPE Vending in North America - A Better Fit for General Industrial Distributors?
- Ease of Vending by Products and Industries
- E-Commerce in PPE Industry
- Drivers and Restraints for E-Commerce in PPE Market
- New Sales Channels - Amazon Business and Other E-Commerce Models
- What Does Amazon Business mean for PPE?
- GPOs in the PPE Industry
- North America - Employment Trends
- North America - Employment Versus PPE Market Mapping
- United States
- How Do Different Distributors Differentiate Themselves?
- Partial List of Key North American PPE Distributors
- Legal Disclaimer