The prime feature of PCTIM pads is their capability to transform their physical characteristics i.e. at room temperature they are firm and easy to handle, in turn allowing better control when applying the solid pads to heat-sink surfaces. They are supplied in solid bit flexible sheets varying in size, shape and thickness. They may or may not have and embedded substrate carrier.
PCTIM, owing to their process convenience, negligible material waste and ability to provide close interfacial contact and forming extreme bond lines, are increasingly becoming an integral part of various commercial and industrial sectors. In the PCTIM market report, we have taken the following major end-user sectors into consideration: Computers, Electrical and Electronics, Telecom, Automotive, and Other sectors. The computers segment accounted for more than XX.XX% share of the global PCTIM market in 2015.
This market is driven by a number of factors, such as growing consumer electronics industry, high cost of surface finishing, augmented functionality of electronic devices and increasing demand from gaming module industry. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such as reduction in size of mobile handsets, reduced demand in Japan, and development of non-silicone substitutes. These factors may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
The global PCTIM market, based on filler type, can be broadly segmented into Aluminum Oxide, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Nitride, Zinc Oxide and Others. The market has also been divided according to the binder type as paraffin, non-paraffin (organic), eutectic salts, and salt hydrates.
The market has been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and MEA. In terms of consumption in 2015, APAC led the market with a share of XX.XX%. It was followed by Europe and North America. With the improvement in the financial status of the consumers, the purchasing power of the middle class consumers has increased, which in turn is accelerating the demand for consumer electronics and computers in the Asia-Pacific region, making the region an area of immense potential and opportunities. However, the reducing demand in Japan has considerably hindered the growth of the market in this region.
Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services and continuous product developments are 3M, AI Technology, Bergquist Company, Dow Corning Corp., Henkel Corp., Honeywell International Inc., Laird Plc. and Momentive.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global phase change thermal interface material market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global phase change thermal interface materials market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and identification of the regions that are still untapped
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Phase Change Thermal Interface Material Market
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Technological Snapshot
3.4 Industry Attractiveness Porters 5 Force Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Consumer Electronics Industry
4.1.2 High Cost of Surface Finishing
4.1.3 Augmented Functionality of Electronic Devices
4.1.4 Increasing Demand from Gaming Module Industry
4.2.1 Reduction in Size of Mobile Handsets
4.2.2 Reduced Demand in Japan
4.2.3 Development of Non-silicone Substitutes
4.3.1 Replacement of Thermal Greases
4.3.2 Technological Improvements
4.3.3 Use in Notebook Computers
4.3.4 Growing Use in Automotive Industry
4.3.5 Dual Phase Change Thermal Interface Materials
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Conductive Type
5.1.1 Electrically Conductive
5.1.2 Non-electrically Conductive
5.2 By Binder Type
5.2.2 Non-paraffin (organic)
5.2.3 Eutectic salts
5.2.4 Salt hydrates
5.3 By Filler Type
5.3.1 Aluminum Oxide
5.3.2 Boron Nitride
5.3.3 Aluminum Nitride
5.3.4 Zinc Oxide
5.4 By End-User Industry
5.4.1 Computers Sector
5.4.2 Electrical and Electronics Sector
5.4.3 Telecom Sector
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.5 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.1 United States
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East and Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Shares Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Future Insights
9. Company Profiles
9.2 Aavid Thermalloy
9.3 AI Technology
9.4 Arctic Silver
9.5 Bergquist Company
9.6 Dow Corning Corp.
9.7 Enerdyne Thermal Solutions
9.8 Henkel Corp.
9.9 Honeywell International Inc.
9.11 Laird Plc
9.13 NuSil Technology
9.14 Parker Chomerics
9.15 Shin-Etsu Chemical
9.16 Stockwell Elastomerics
9.17 T-Global Technology
9.18 Universal Science
Dow Corning Corp.
Enerdyne Thermal Solutions
Honeywell International Inc.