Using formulation technologies designed to modulate the effect of therapeutic substances, drug developers are creating formulations that exhibit extended-release profiles. These chemistries include polymers such as polyethylene glycol-complexed (PEGylated), which are used to product encapsulated and coated versions of new APIs. The goal is to address the requirement for patient-dependent, and therefore compliance-sensitive, drug treatment protocols such as multiple dosing through controlled release formulations that provide the desired therapeutic effect with dosing of once-a-day or less.
What You Will Learn
- What are the marketed sustained release injectable drug products, what sustained release formulation technologies are used, and who markets them?
- What are the major factors driving sustained release injectable drug demand?
- What sustained release injectable drug candidates are in late-stage clinical development and what is their potential impact?
- How important are drug developer-formulation technologist relationships in the sustained release market segment, and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential formulation factors, delivery device selection issues, related technology factors and market development issues for sustained release injectable drug products?
- In what therapeutic market segments do sustained release injectables compete? What is their market share today? What will it be in 2028? What is their expected growth rate?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for sustained release injectables?
1. Executive Summary
- Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
- The Trend toward Self-Administration
- Injectable Drug Formulation Technology
- Innovation in Injectable Device Designs
- Therapeutic Demand Drivers
2. Market Factors
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
3. Sustained Release - Branded Formulation Technologies
- Biodegradable Polymers
- Branded SR Formulation Technologies
- Physical Process Control Methods
4. Sustained Release Injectables - Development Factors
- Formulation Factors
- Administration Factors
5. SR Injectables - Product Analysis & Market Sector Forecasts
6. Company Profiles
- Ascendis Pharma
- Critical Pharmaceuticals
- Eli Lilly Enzon
- Oakwood Laboratories
- PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals
- Recipharm AB
- Taiwan Liposome Company
- Xbrane Biopharma