- The US is the largest Prepared Meals market in volume terms.
- Ready Meals is the biggest segment of the Prepared Meals market.
- Busier schedules are making consumers more dependent on convenient food.
- Changing household structures means meal times have become more fragmented.
The Consumer and Market Insights: Prepared Meals Market in the US report identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption, combined with an in-depth study of the market and category dynamics, to identify key opportunities, and how to target them. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends. It also highlights the degree that influence trends have on consumption and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior are accurate.
What else does this report offer?
- Figures that showcase the number of times consumers of different age groups and gender consume Prepared Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups ""over"" consume (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- A study of market value and volumes from 2009-2019, supplemented with category, brand, and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will develop over the next five years.
- The degree of influence that 20 key consumer trends have on Prepared Meals consumption, with granular analysis on the extent that the degree of influence varies by gender, age, wealth, and leisure.
- Analysis of how consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term and recommended actions on how to adapt to these evolving needs
International and American-specific product innovation examples targeting key consumer needs - compare your products against the top performers.
Reasons To Buy:
- Develop the best strategies in product formulation, packaging, and consumer targets through analysis of product examples and unique, proprietary data. Find out what types of products consumers are purchasing, why they are consuming them, and what they will be looking for in the next few years.
- Know who the key consumer groups are for your products thanks to our unique consumer data, which has been developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, giving you an exclusive insight into the US Prepared Meals market.
- Identify the best way to differentiate your products from the competition. Quantify the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Prepared Meals market for a deeper understanding of what is driving the market and how to alter product offerings accordingly.
- Understand how your category is going to change over the next five years. Analysis of category, brand, and packaging dynamics show which opportunities will emerge in future and how to position your product range to take advantage of them.
- Classifications and definitions
2. Market Overview
- Macroeconomic indicators - Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- National retail and foodservice figures - Key Takeouts
- Market value and volume for the US Prepared Meals market
- Historical and projected sales in the US Prepared Meals market
- Degree of trade up/down-trade in the US Prepared Meals market
- Comparison of US Prepared Meals market compared to other key countries
- Volume of US Prepared Meals market by category
- Historical and project market value of the US Prepared Meals by category
- Winners and losers in the US Prepared Meals market
- Segment share of the category and change in market share in the US Prepared Meals market
- Penetration of private label, by categories, in the US Prepared Meals market
- Private label performance compare to national brands in the US Prepared Meals market
- Leading companies in the US Prepared Meals market by category
- Leading brands in the US Prepared Meals market by category
3. Retailer and packaging
- Leading retailers in the US Food market
- Leading distribution channels in the US Prepared Meals market
- Leading distribution channels by category in the US Prepared Meals market
- US Prepared Meals market by type of packaging
- US Prepared Meals market by type of packaging closure/outer
- US Prepared Meals market by type of packaging, forecasted
4. Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Overall consumption occasions by age and gender in the US Prepared Meals market
- Private Label consumption occasions by age and gender in the US Prepared Meals market
- Under/Over-consumption levels in the US Prepared Meals market by gender and age
- Consumption frequency by type of consumer in the US Prepared Meals market by gender and age
- Private label consumption by age and gender and comparison to overall consumption levels in in the US Prepared Meals market
5. Consumer trend analysis
- Degree of influence that consumer trends have on volume consumption in the US Prepared Meals market
- Market volume of the US Prepared Meals market by category and trend
- For leading trends in the US Prepared Meals market
- Degree of influence trend has on volume by consumption by key demographic
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the US Prepared Meals market
- How to target the trend in the US Prepared Meals market
- How the trend will evolve in the US Prepared Meals market
6. Innovation examples
- New product examples launched in the US Prepared Meals market
- New product examples launched in the global Prepared Meals market
7. Actions and Recommendations
- How to successfully target key trends in the US Prepared Meals market
- Explanation of trends
- Country context
- Sector overview
- Category data
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
List of Tables
Table 1: Country indicators - overall food value and volume, 2014
Table 2: Market value analysis in LCU and USD, 2009-2019
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2014-2019
Table 4: Inter-country volume and growth analysis, 2009-2019
Table 5: Average prices (USD) by category, 2014
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2014
Table 7: Leading retailers and store count
Table 8: Over/ under consumption by gender and age, 2014
Table 9: Level of influence of a consumer survey trend on consumption by volume, 2014
Table 10: Level of influence of a consumer survey trend on consumption by category volume , 2014
List of Figures:
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population ,CPI (2009-2014), Age Profile (2014)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2014
Figure 3: Market value (USD) and volume analysis, 2009-2019
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by categories, 2014
Figure 5: Consumers purchase behavior - Trading up/down, 2014
Figure 6: Growth analysis by category, 2009-2019
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2014-2019
Figure 8: Private label penetration by categories, 2014
Figure 9: Private label and brand share growth, 2011-2014
Figure 10: Leading companies by categories with market share, 2014
Figure 11: Leading brands by categories with market share, 2014
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels, overall food, 2010-2013
Figure 13: Leading distribution channels by category, 2014
Figure 14: Packaging analysis - key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2014
Figure 15: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2014-2019
Figure 16: Consumption occasions by gender and age, 2014
Figure 17: Private label occasions by gender and age, 2014
Figure 18: Heavy, medium, or light consumption by gender, 2014
Figure 19: Heavy, medium, or light consumption by age, 2014
Figure 20: Private label consumption by age group compared to overall market consumption by age, 2014
Figure 20: Influence of a trend on consumption - by gender, age, income group and leisure time
Figure 21: Innovative new product launch - global and country specific
- ConAgra Foods
- Marie Callender's
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc
- The Kroger Company
- Oscar Mayer
- Hot Pockets
- Artisan Bistro Meals
- Van de Kamp
- Corn Dogs
- Hungry Man
- Kashi Pizza
- Birds Eye
- Konan Foods