The report also covers cloud-based real-time data analytics and the associated value-added services as well as API management and e-commerce.
Scope of Report:
This report delivers insight on the following industry issues:
- What are the evolutionary stages of product development for IoT devices.
- What is the current adoption rate for connected smart home, connected CE, and digital health devices?
- What services are generally offered by cloud platforms?
- Which platform providers and trends are shaping vertical segments for connected CE, smart home, entertainment, health and fitness, and connected cars?
- How is business value derived from cloud-connected devices?
- What are the decision points involved in developing a cloud platform strategy, selecting a cloud platform partner, and developing a product for cloud deployment?
Cloud Platforms for the Internet of Things draws information and data from multiple sources:
- Interviews with and research on consumer electronics (CE) manufacturers, component manufacturers, content providers, application solutions providers, and broadband providers.
- Company financial reports and related secondary research.
- Consumer surveys and forecasts.
1.1 Purpose of Report
1.2 Scope of Report
1.3 Research Approach/Sources
2.0 Cloud IoT Platforms: Virtualization and Value for Connected Devices
2.1 The Evolution of Connected Devices
2.1.1 From Control to Comprehensive Cloud: Stages of Product Development
2.1.2 Consumer Adoption of Cloud Connected Devices and Apps
2.2 Cloud Platform Types, Services, and Trends
2.2.1 Network Communication Standards
2.2.2 Application Layer Initiatives Important to Cloud Platforms
2.2.3 Device Hardware
2.2.4 Device Authorization, Management of Users, and Virtualization
2.2.5 Data Collection, Management, and Security
2.2.6 Media Storage, Streaming, and Analytics Capabilities
2.2.7 Analytics and Data Visualization
2.2.8 API Development and Management
3.0 Cloud Platform Trends for IoT Segments
3.1 Smart Home
3.1.1 Selected Platforms and Services
3.1.2 Consumer Learning Curve
3.1.3 Cloud-Based Interoperability
3.1.4 Voice-Enabled Control
3.2 Connected Consumer Electronics
3.2.1 Selected Platforms and Services
3.2.2 Adoption of Android TV by Major Manufacturers
3.2.3 Cloud Computing to Drive Smart TV Innovation
3.2.4 Cloud Computing and Gaming Consoles
3.3 Home Entertainment
3.3.1 Selected Platforms and Services
3.3.2 Cloud-based Video Delivery
3.3.3 Feature Virtualization
3.3.4 Content Security
3.4 Digital Health & Fitness
3.4.1 Selected Platforms and Services
3.4.2 Remote and Self-Care
3.4.3 Opportunities for Smart Home Players
3.4.4 Cloud-Based EHRs and EMRs
3.5 Connected Cars
3.5.1 Selected Platforms and Services
3.5.2 Empowering Vehicle Owners
3.5.3 New Crossover Opportunities
3.5.4 Cloud Limitations
4.0 Business Value from Cloud-Connected Devices
4.1 Product Differentiation
4.2 Product Development and Manufacturing
4.3 Supply Chain Management
4.4 Device Optimization
4.5 Product Customization and Personalization
4.6 Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence
4.7 Improving and Extending the Customer Relationship
4.9 E-commerce integration
5.0 Case Study: LockState
5.1 Company Overview
5.2 Market Opportunity
5.3 Considerations for Cloud Platform Strategy and Selecting a Cloud Partner
5.4 Product Development Process
5.5 Assessing the Business Value of Connected Products
5.6 Implications and Recommendations
- AllSeen Alliance
- American Well
- Care innovations
- iControl Networks
- LG Electronics
- Thread Group
- Towers Watson