- Overview of primary support needs among global consumers.
- Evaluation of consumer approaches to solving technical problems in different regions.
- Support strategies and business model trends among market leaders.
- Importance of privacy and security support to consumers and variations across countries.
- Market forecast of revenue opportunities through 2019.
Key Questions Addressed:
1. What are the major types of problems consumers across different regions encounter with their connected devices?
2. What steps are consumers likely to take when resolving technical problems?
3. Which regions present the strongest opportunities for premium technical support?
4. What are the common business models used to provide support in different regions?
5. What is the magnitude of security and privacy concerns in different regions?
1.1 Purpose of Report
1.2 Scope of Report
1.3 Research Approach/Sources
1.4 Key Questions Addressed
2.0 Drivers of Market Demand
2.1 Device Ownership
2.2 Frequency of Device Problems
2.3 Types of Problems Encountered
3.0 Methods of Problem Resolution
3.1 Use of Support Resources
3.2 Use of Professional and Premium Support
4.0 Business Model Evolution
4.1 Expanding Device Coverage
4.2 New Payment Models Gaining Traction
4.3 Multiple Service Channels Retain Value
4.4 Expanding Product Offerings
5.1 Forecast Methodology
5.1.1 Set-up and Installation Services
5.1.2 One-time Support Services
5.1.3 Subscription Services
5.2 North America
5.3 Western Europe
6.0 Implications and Recommendations