"Keep this book close at all times. Simply vital reading for all who need to answer tough questions and enhance their reputation as a result"
Roger Harrop, Award–Winning International Business Speaker and Past President of the Professional Speaking Association
ALWAYS KNOW THE RIGHT THING TO SAY
We′ve all been in that situation where we′re asked a tough question by the boss, interviewer or client and end up saying something really stupid, wrong or self–defeating. When caught in these challenging situations, how do you work out what to say and how best to say it?
WINNING ANSWERS EVERY TIME
Global communications speaker Michael Dodd gives you the golden formulae and proven tactics for coming up with the best possible answers to the worst possible questions.
You will learn how to:
- Give consistently great answers for the benefit of yourself and your questioners
- Work out what to say when you don′t know the answers
- Become more influential by having more controlled and positive conversations
- Handle challenging questions in all kinds of situations, including meetings, presentations, negotiations and more
By boosting your answers, life in the workplace will become more enjoyable, effective and successful. It will help you to become a game–changing, inspirational communicator!
"A compelling read which builds on Michael Dodd′s wealth of experience as a journalist, speaker and someone who works regularly with business leaders on developing their communication skills. I recommend it to anyone who needs to provide winning answers to really tough questions no matter what the circumstances"
Ian Price, Chief Executive, Academy for Chief Executives
Introduction: Helping You Thrive On Blowtorch–On–The–Belly Questioning 1
PART ONE: THE TOOLS YOU NEED 13
1. Winning Answers Every Time 15
2. Crafting the Right Message to Underpin Every Answer 33
3. Harnessing the Power of Stories 55
4. Finding Out in Advance Then Planning For It 75
5. The First Golden Formula Simple as ABCDE 85
6. The Second Golden Formula What to Say When Something Goes Seriously Wrong 107
7. Maximizing the Impact of Your Examples and Stories 123
8. Getting Your Performance Right 137
9. Conveying Your Answers to Different Personality Types 157
PART TWO: USING YOUR NEW TOOLS 171
10. Great Answers for Prospects 173
11. Great Answers During Price Negotiations 191
12. Great Answers for Clients 209
13. Great Answers in Those Nerve–Wracking Job Interviews 223
14. Great Answers for Your Boss 239
15. Great Answers in Presentations, at Events and in Meetings 253
16. Shining Out Through the Media and at Public Grillings 269
Ongoing Enhancement: Great Answers For Your Inspirational Future 287
About the Author 291