Conclusions and Predictions:
1 A high level of technology innovation has taken place in the last years in the energy and environment industry with smart technology redefining the landscape. The next years will be the era of business model innovation as suppliers fight to maximise the real benefits for customers.
2 Performance contracting will become customers’ preferred business model and suppliers will need to develop service capabilities or partner with facility management (FM) companies or energy service providers in order to operate in the most dynamic part of the market.
3 The ongoing convergence of operating technology (OT) and information technology (IT) means that the highest percent of new entrants will continue to be in the fields of software, data analytics, and cloud services.
4 Partnership between companies which can offer transformational impacts to BEM solutions and building technology companies will give rise to new BEM solutions and accelerate development of service business models in the future.
- CEO’s 360 Degree Perspectives on Stakeholder Opinions in the Building Energy Management Solutions (BEMS) Industry
- Conclusions and Predictions
- Ranking of Transformational Trends in the Global BEMS Industry-Stakeholders’ Opinions
- Ranking of Long-Term Visionary Trends in the Global BEMS Industry-Stakeholders’ Opinions
- Convergence of Trends
- Transformational Trends in the Global BEMS Industry-Impacts from 2015 to 2020
- Long-Term Visionary Trends in the Global BEMS Industry-Impacts from 2020 to 2025
- Associated Research and Multimedia on BEMS Markets
- Energy Management Roadmap
- Building Energy Management Solutions-Progression Towards Smart Solutions
- The Question Were Asked Stakeholders
- Transformational Impact 1-Software Embedded Control and Cloud Solutions
- Transformational Impact 2-Dynamic New Entrants Capturing Market Share from Incumbents
- Transformational Impact 3-Internet of Things (IoT) Technology Driving Connectivity in Buildings
- Transformational Impact 4-Advancements in Big Data and Data Analytics
- Transformational Impact 5-Growth in Service-Based Business Models
- Stakeholders’ Vision for the Future
- Vision 1-Switches have Disappeared from Buildings and Everything is Controlled by Mobile Device
- Vision 2-The Management Layer of BCS has been Completely Replaced by Software Apps
- Vision 3-Proprietary Protocols are a Thing of the Past and Smart Buildings Operate on Open Architecture
- Vision 4-All New Buildings are Carbon Positive
- Vision 5-No One Buys Equipment Any More: Energy Efficiency is Entirely Delivered by Service
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms