The webinar will discuss best QC practices and procedures for verifying the suitability and performance characteristics of microbiological media. test kits and reagents. Many laboratories are unsure about which QC practices are needed to assess media performance, to meet not only their requirements, but also the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005. During this webinar, we will discuss a practical QC approach for in-house prepared and/or commercially purchased media and reagents specifically applicable to microbiology laboratories.
- To appreciate intrinsic factors which can affect the performance of culture media and reagents
- To appreciate extrinsic factors which can affect the performance of culture media and reagents
- To identify Control Points (CP)
- Use of Critical Control Points (CCP) in media quality assessment
- To develop appropriate Performance characteristics to evaluate the acceptability of media and reagents for laboratory use
- Microbiological bench analysts
- QA Managers
- Laboratory Managers/supervisors and
- QC practitioners
- QA Analysts
- Regulatory staff
- Quality Auditors
Michael has a post-graduate degree from the University of Toronto, School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and been an Environmental Microbiologist for more than 43 years, as a research scientist and Laboratory Director in both the public and private sector. He currently operates as the President of Brodsky Consultants. He is a Past President of the Ontario Food Protection Association (OFPA), The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) and AOAC International. He serves as Chair for the AOAC Expert Review Committee for Microbiology, as a scientific reviewer in Microbiology for the AOAC OMA and the AOAC Research Institute, as a reviewer for Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater and as a chapter editor on QA for the Compendium of Methods in Microbiology. He is also a lead auditor/assessor in microbiology for the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) and is Vice-chair of the CALA Board of Directors.