- Most of the major European telcos and ITSPs have invested heavily in their own venture funds, start-up ecosystems or acquisition programs based around new technologies for digital transformation.
- The cloud adoption rate among European enterprises continues to accelerate, driving providers to respond with more tactical that which include organized co-opetition and cloud service integration. Partnerships between the likes of arch-traditionalist Sopra Steria and hyperscale cloud giant Amazon Web Services underscore the clash of cultures as formerly cautious IT managers dive into cloud, driven by management's increasing confidence in cloud's stability and security, increasing local data centre capacity and development of strong internal policies.
- Mainstream cloud adoption and the shift to on-demand computing is resulting in an increase in the number of providers and services that enterprises use. Service providers can leverage existing IT systems and application management strengths to position themselves as managers of services.
'Cloud Services in Europe: Trends in Ecosystem Development and Services Integration,' a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, analyzes the market for cloud services in Europe. It provides an overview of the market trends in the cloud market such as recent innovation, investments by telco and cloud service providers, increasing adoption by enterprises etc. The report provides a detailed analysis of market drivers that are accelerating adoption of cloud service and facilitating innovative in the cloud industry.
The report is organized as follows:
- Market context: This section examines trends in European cloud market such as investments by IT and communications service providers as well as large telcos and integrators.
- Market drivers: Key approaches to cloud innovation: This section examines more specifically the markets drivers including development of new innovative cloud systems to meet demand by enterprises, emergence of new complex ecosystems, new role of service providers in managing and integrating IT resources for enterprises and reinvention of traditional IT apps and services for the cloud.
- Market detail- Case studies: It includes four case studies explaining solutions, goals and monetization plans of cloud provider with brief about innovation in their cloud services.
- Key findings and recommendations: This section provides the report's findings on cloud market, along with Pyramid Research's recommendations for IT and communication service providers as well as for technology vendors.
Reasons To Buy
- This Telecom insider helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the European enterprise cloud services market opportunity, competitive environment and best practices for telcos and equipment vendors.
- The competitive landscape and the most successful strategies are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help telcos, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging enterprise cloud services sector across the European region.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
Market drivers: Key approaches to cloud innovation
- Cloud connectivity
- Cloud service ecosystems
- Cloud services integration
- Cloud service transformation Market detail: Case studies
- Case No.1: Interoute Cloud Connect
- Case No.2: HP Cloud
- Case No.3: BT Cloud of Clouds
- Case No.4: Awingu’s Smart Global Office Key findings and recommendations
Appendix: Acronyms and definitions
- Cloud service providers are also exploring new tactical and commercial solutions internally. These include development of technology and channel partnerships between suppliers, as well as more extensive ecosystem development (e.g., multilateral cloud communities and marketplaces).
- Enterprises in Europe are increasingly comfortable with adopting cloud service models to migrate and transform their IT applications and services. Network providers in Europe have responded by providing ways to help enterprises take advantage of virtualization, and to cope with user and business trends in digitalization and mobility.
- Interest in moving to the cloud is one thing, but actually accomplishing it is another. In-house and vendor-based tools are powering new offers in cloud app discovery, cloud compatibility, orchestration and migration. Service providers that can help enterprises take advantage of new models will find their tools and platforms in demand, but need to be careful not to risk losing too much customer contract spend.
This report looks at recent areas of innovation within the cloud services market in Europe. Service providers are busy developing practical solutions to overcome barriers to increased adoption by the enterprise market, including new dedicated and secure cloud connectivity services and multi-cloud services integration. It also explains the significant role that partnerships play in the open and evolving commercial and technology environment of cloud services.
- Cloud Foundry
- Deutsche Telekom
- NTT Com
- Orange Business Services
- Sopra Steria
- Telecom Italia