- Tesco Bank is, by comparative brand position, strongest in the pet insurance space. However, it faces continued market share loss to the dominant player Petplan, which continues to grow its footprint.
- In 2014, Tesco Underwriting premiums accounted for 35% of Ageas' car insurance GWP and 16% of its home insurance GWP.
- Tesco Underwriting's book is dominated by unhealthy car insurance business, leaving it behind the top personal lines players on COR performance. To improve, it must build on its “loss leader” with a growing home insurance book.
Tesco is a retailing giant in the UK and, through Tesco Bank, offers its customers access to financial services including insurance. Within the context of Tesco's brand power, and a view of Tesco Bank and Tesco Underwriting, this profile looks at the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats found in its insurance business.
Reasons to Purchase:
- Gather insight into what type of customer Tesco's brand is most attractive to, and where it is performing strongest by product and purchasing method.
- Identify the comparative strengths and weaknesses of Tesco's insurance business and the opportunities or threats emerging as a result.
- Direct Line Group
- Legal and General
- Marks and Spencer
- Munich RE
- NFU Mutual
- Post Office
- Tesco Underwriting
- Towergate Underwriting