Heavy-side producers (those in the aggregates, ready-mix concrete, cement, asphalt paving, and construction industries) are at the earliest stage of the transformation. Light-side producers (makers of concrete products, wallboard, insulation, bricks, tiles, pipes, and glass) are at the earliest or middle stage. Distributors (wholesalers and retailers) have reached the middle or advanced stage. However, even the most digitally advanced construction materials companies lag significantly behind companies in industries such as media, retail, and travel.
It highlights how the market players in construction materials sector are building initiatives around mobility, omni-channel customer experience, cloud computing, augmented reality, and analytics. This report offers a roadmap to the market players which could be leveraged to devise their own digital transformation journey.
1.1. Global Construction Materials Industry Trends
2. Global Construction Materials Sales and Marketing Trends
3. Digital Evolution in Construction Materials Industry
4. Digital Technologies Adoption in Construction Materials Industry
5. Way Forward to Digital Transformation
6. Key Steps for Digital Transformation
7. Crafting a Digital Roadmap