The domestic milk production in Vietnam is not being able to keep up with the rising local demand. The milk production of 456.400 tonnes in 2013 was able to meet only 28% of the domestic demand. While the milk production in the country has grown by 26.6% annually in the period 2001-2014 and reached 5,49,500 tones in 2014, it is still insufficient to meet the domestic demand.
With low cattle numbers and domestic production, Vietnam is heavily reliant on milk imports. In 2013, milk and milk products imports were valued at USD 1.1 billion, a rise of 130% compared to the previous year. This figure is expected to reach USD 3.6 billion by 2045. Vietnam currently exports dairy products to more than 29 foreign markets.
The sector is stepping up modernization of the dairy farms at a rapid rate and is planning to increase the number of milk cows to 240,000 by 2015.Vietnam plans to meet 60% of domestic demand for fresh milk for the country’s projected population of approximately 113 million by 2045. To meet this target, the country needs to develop a herd capable of producing 5.65 million tonnes of milk annually
Why should the report be purchased?
- The report ‘Assessment of Vietnam's Dairy Sector 2016’highlights key dynamics ofVietnam's dairy sector.
- The growing opportunity in the sector has been investigated along with current market scenario has also been examined.
- The report has profiles of key players in the market includingVinamilk, Nestle, Danone, Groupe Bel, FrieslandCampina, Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited.
- The report contains latest industry leader’s opinions.
- Research methodology and delivery time
1.1 GDP and Economic Growth
1.3 Economic Sectors Overview
2. Vietnam Dairy Sector
2.2 Statistics& Performance
2.2.3 Market Value
3. Market Drivers
5. Competitive Landscape
5.4 Groupe Bel
5.6 Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
7. List of Charts and Graphs
7.1 Vietnam GDP (2006-2014, USD billion)
7.2 Vietnam Total Population (million, 2004-2015, 1st January of every year)
7.3 Vietnam Milk Production (tonnes, 2008-2014)
7.4 Vietnam Per Capita Milk Consumption (litres/year, 2007-2025F)
7.5 Vietnam Dairy Sales Value (VND trillion, 2010-2015F)
7.6 Average Annual Per Capita Milk Consumption by Country (liters, 2014)
8. Research Methodology