European market, despite being a trend driven one, is characterized by a high degree of sophistication, consumer awareness and ingredient consciousness. The trends of pet â€˜humanizationâ€™ and â€˜premiumizationâ€™ are very prevalent and popular among the Europeans. Apart from the comfort and aesthetic pleasure of owning pets, pets are being seen as human companions and are cared for in a similar manner. Pet health care becomes an important part in this regard, with a marked shift towards more premium and healthy foods. According to one source, the veterinary services rose by nearly 10% in the recent years showing the importance placed on professional care for pets. The growing incidence of pet obesity is causing most consumers to be conscious of their pet food choices. The increasing allergic reactions to certain foods are another important constraint to the market, the increasing sales of food allergen based foods is an indication of the importance of this market.
The market is differentiated based various factors such as that of animal type, function type, ingredient type, application type and geography. Based on the animal type, the pet food sales are adjacent to the respective animal populations with dogs and cats occupying the major share. An increasing shift towards smaller breeds of dogs and cats is being observed in the recent years. On the end-user application muscle health, cognitive health, Digestive health continues to be the major concerns among pet owners, driving product sales in these segments. The differentiation between dietary supplements and nutraceuticals holds importance from a marketing and regulatory standpoint. The specific cultural and aesthetic aspects associated with European countries plays a significant role in the form of food flavors, functional aspects and marketing variables. ADM, Scoular, Merial, Novotech, and Mars are the major players in the industry.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Europe Pet Food Nutraceutical Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe Pet Food Nutraceutical Market.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
8. Insights on the major regions in country where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Please note: As this product is updated at the time of order, dispatch will be 72 hours from the date the order and full payment is received.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 CHANGING DEMOGRAPHICS
22.214.171.124 AGEING PET POPULATION
126.96.36.199 CHANNEL SPECIFIC PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
188.8.131.52 IMPACT OF UNCERTAIN GLOBAL ECONOMY ON PURCHASE DECISIONS
184.108.40.206 VETERNIARIANS PERCEPTIONS ON PRODUCT BENEFITS & DIFFERENCES
220.127.116.11 PRODUCTS SUBJECTED TO FEDERAL AND STATE REGULATIONS
18.104.22.168 R&D INTRODUCING PRODUCTS WITH ADVANCED FORMULATION
22.214.171.124 RETAIL GROCERY CHAINS DOMINATING DISTRIBUTION & MARKETING SPACE
126.96.36.199 NEW VETERINARIAN/CLINIC DISTRIBUTION FORMAT
3.1.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Buyers
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Degree of competetion
18.104.22.168 Threat of new entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of substitutes
4. MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 BY PET TYPE
4.2 BY FUNCTION TYPE
4.3 BY INGREDIENT TYPE
4.3.1 MILK BIO ACTIVES
4.3.2 OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
4.3.4 PROTEINS & PEPTIDES
4.3.5 VITAMINS & MINERALS
4.4 BY APPLICATION TYPE
4.4.1 PAIN RELIEF
4.4.2 WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
4.4.3 DIGESTIVE HEALTH
4.4.4 IMMUNE SYSTEM
4.4.5 SKIN & COAT
4.4.6 FOOD ALLERGIES
4.4.7 EYE CARE
4.5 By Geography
5. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Most active companies in the past five years
5.3 Most preferred strategic approach by major companies
6. COMPANY PROFILES
6.1.1 ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND
6.1.2 The Scoular Company
6.1.3 OMEGA PROTEIN
6.1.4 NOVOTECH NEUTRACEUTICAL
6.2 PET FOOD MANUFACTURERS
6.2.1 NESTLE (PURINA PET CARE)
6.2.3 TOTAL ALIMENTOS
6.2.4 MARS INC
6.2.5 Vit2be-Diana Group
6.2.6 ROQUETTE FRERES
6.2.7 HILLS PET NUTRITION, INC.
6.2.8 DARLING INTERNATIONAL INC
6.2.9 BIG HEART PET BRANDS (J.M SMUCKER COMPANY)
- The Scoular Company
- Omega Protein
- Novotech Neutraceutical
- Pet Food Manufacturers
- Nestle (Purina Pet Care)
- Total Alimentos
- Mars Inc
- Vit2Be-Diana Group