As always, the book matches the AQA specification, using this as a springboard to develop readers′ sociological skills and understanding. The third edition includes:
- up–to–date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates
- practice questions on every specification item
- a dedicated chapter on all the specification ′Topics in Sociology′
- full–colour photographs, diagrams and cartoons, to bring ideas to life and fire students′ imaginations
- a dedicated website at [external URL] with resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Pitched at the right level for the new AQA Sociology specification, the book provides the tools necessary to help students and encourage them to take their study of Sociology further. Together with the accompanyingSociology for AQA Volume 1, this is an invaluable resource for studying and teaching sociology.
Introduction to the 3rd edition
The A level specification
How to use this book
1 Beliefs in Society
2 Global Development
3 The Media
4 Stratification and Differentiation
5 Theory and Methods
6 Crime and Deviance
David Morton, King Edward VI College, BSA Teaching Group Convenor and A level examiner
"Sociological resources that capture the imagination and ignite the minds of young people are few and far between. But this book does both brilliantly. With great features, truly accessible text and exemplary exam advice and guidance, this text will make it onto the shelves of all outstanding A level sociology departments."
Gerry Czerniawski, University of East London, A level examiner and National Teaching Fellow