Efforts to enhance adherence have a non-negligible effect on drug formulations and delivery decisions, and are a significant factor in the prescribing decisions of most physicians. The connected device ecosystem includes OEM device suppliers, drug developers, human factors consultants and aftermarket third-party devices.
What You Will Learn
- What drug injection devices incorporate wireless connectivity technology, how do they work and what new capabilities do they offer to patients and their HCPs?
- What benefits do connected drug injectors provide to patients in the area of improved adherence? Patient reported outcomes? HCP/patient communication?
- What therapeutic areas are the current focus of connected devices?
- Who are the companies behind the push to connected injection devices? What are their development activities and corporate alliances and affiliations
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on connected drug injection device commercialization and market access?
- What does the current market for connected drug injection devices look like? What will it look like in 2020?
- What are the key market drivers for the growth of connected injection devices?
Who Should Read This Report
- Drug Developers
- Device Suppliers
- Clinical Trial Mgmt
- Pharma Managers
- Biotech Managers
- Drug Marketers
- Industry Strategists
- Financial Analysts
- Clinical Managers
- Drug Distributors
- Pharma Regulators
- FDA Consultants
- Managed Care Managers
2. Connected Devices – The Opportunity
- Injectable Drug Development Trends
- The Rapid Rise of Prefilled Injection Devices
- Factors Driving Drug Self-Administration
- Therapeutic Demand Drivers
- The Impact of Developing Economies
3. Connectivity Technologies
- Wireless Technologies
- Near Field Communications
- Wired Technologies
4. Connected Devices
- Wearable Devices
- Connected Autoinjectors
- Non-drug Specific Connected Injectors
- Automated Connected Injectors
- Vendor-specific Connectivity Platforms
- Third Party Connectivity Devices
5. Near-term Markets for Connected Injection Devices
- Autoimmune Disease
- Hormone Replacement
6. Market Factors
- Regulatory Requirements
- Data Security
- Patient Acceptance
7. Company Profiles