It also provides recommendations for MNOs in emerging APAC that have rolled out FTTx networks or are considering doing so.
The report is based on several sources:
- The internal research, for example, wireless traffic forecasts and telecoms forecasts for emerging APAC
- Interviews with stakeholders in the FTTx market in the region.
"Investing in fixed broadband access networks will provide mobile operators in emerging Asia–Pacific with access to underpenetrated customer segments, and could bring network- and retail-related synergies."
The central problem for mobile network operators (MNOs) in the emerging Asia–Pacific (APAC) region is stagnating revenue in countries where the opportunity to attract new, first-time subscribers is limited and the value of the mobile voice market is declining. One possible solution for MNOs in the region is to invest in the fixed broadband segment and build their own FTTH/B networks. This could also have positive implications for operators’ mobile businesses and could tie in with strategies to become digital service providers.
- discusses the circumstances in which MNOs in emerging APAC should invest in FTTx networks rather than considering options such as offering cellular technologies for home broadband connections
- outlines the network-related synergies that MNOs in the emerging APAC region can benefit from if they roll out FTTx networks
- assesses the retail-related synergies that MNOs in the emerging APAC region can benefit from if they roll out FTTx networks
- assesses how MNOs should design their retail FTTx offers.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- The report discusses the circumstances under which MNOs in the emerging APAC region should invest in FTTx networks as opposed to other options such as offering cellular technologies for home broadband connections.
- The report answers which network-related synergies an MNO in the emerging APAC region can benefit from if it rolls out an FTTx network.
- The report answers which retail-related synergies an MNO in the emerging APAC region can benefit from if it rolls out an FTTx network.
- The report provides an assessment of how an MNO should design its retail FTTx offers should it decide to offer such fixed broadband access.
Who Should Read this Report
- Strategy executives in MNOs in the emerging APAC region considering whether to roll out an FTTx network.
- Marketing, retail and network focused executives in emerging APAC MNOs who are attempting to understand the synergies that their
company would benefit from if it deployed an FTTx network.
- Executives in incumbents and fixed-line providers in the emerging APAC region examining the options that MNOs could take which could
potentially lead them into competition.
- Vendors attempting to understand the potential market size for MNO FTTx roll-outs in the emerging APAC region.