- This report is the result of extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Thailand.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
- Independent market sizing of Thailand's HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy:
- The "Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Thailand 2015" is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for the research and analysis, an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority has been obtained on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions covered.
- The report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
- Thai HNWIs held 25.7% (US$61.8 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2014.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$82 billion by 2019, accounting for 26.4% of the country’s total HNWI assets.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for 44.2% of Thai HNWIs’ foreign assets in 2014. This was followed by Latin America with 15.6%, North America with 15.3%, the Middle East with 11.2%, Africa with 7.7%, and the Europe with 5.9%.
- Thai HNWI allocations to Asia-Pacific decreased in comparison to other regions during the review period; from 58.4% in 2010 to 44.2% in 2014.
- The report predicts HNWIs to decrease their level of investment in Asia-Pacific over the forecast period to 34.4% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019.
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Thailand Key Facts
4 Distribution of Wealth in Thailand
4.1 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Domestic private banks
5.2 Foreign Private Banks
5.3 Wealth managers
5.4 Family offices
6 Key Drivers
6.1 THB - US$ exchange rate
6.2 Real GDP growth
6.3 Per capita GDP
6.4 Domestic market capitalization
6.5 Commodity index
6.6 Foreign direct investment (FDI) - inflows and outflows
6.7 Inflation rate
6.8 Interest rate
6.9 Balance of payments
6.1 Government debt
6.11 Stock market performance
6.12 Wealth Breakdowns
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Thai Exchange Rate - THB - US$ Exchange Rate, 2010 - 2019
Table 3: Thai Real GDP Growth (%), 2010 - 2019
Table 4: Thai GDP per Capita (US$), 2010 - 2019
Table 5: Thai Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010 - 2014
Table 6: Thai Commodity Indices, 2010 - 2019
Table 7: Thai Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2010 - 2019
Table 8: Thai Inflation Rate (%), 2010 - 2019
Table 9: Thai Money Market Rate (%), 2010 - 2019
Table 10: Thai Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010 - 2014
Table 11: Thai Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010 - 2019
Table 12: Thai Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010 - 2014
Table 13: Thai HNWI Wealth vs. GDP Ratio (%), 2010 - 2019
Table 14: Thailand - Appendix One
Table 15: Thailand - Appendix Two
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Thailand
Figure 3: Thai Asset Price Performance (%), 2010 - 2014
Figure 4: Thai HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2010 - 2019
Figure 5: Thai vs Global HNWIs (%), 2010 - 2019
Figure 6: Thai Exchange Rate - THB - US$, 2010 - 2019
Figure 7: Thai Real GDP Growth (%), 2010 - 2019
Figure 8: Thai GDP per Capita (US$), 2010 - 2019
Figure 9: Thai Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010 - 2014
Figure 10: Thai Commodity Indices, 2010 - 2019
Figure 11: Thai Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2010 - 2019
Figure 12: Thai Inflation Rate (%), 2010 - 2019
Figure 13: Thai Money Market Rate (%), 2010 - 2019
Figure 14: Thai Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010 - 2014
Figure 15: Thai Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010 - 2019
Figure 16: Thai Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010 - 2014
Figure 17: Thai HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2010 - 2019
Figure 18: Thai HNWIs - Volume by Wealth Band, 2010 - 2019
Figure 19: Thai HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2010 - 2019
Figure 20: Thai HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2010 - 2019
- Ayudhya Public Company Ltd (Krungsri)
- Bangkok Bank Public Co.
- Finansa Wealth Management
- Forbears Freedom Wealth Management
- Kasikorn Bank Public Co. Ltd
- Kiatnakin Phatra Private Wealth Management
- Siam Commercial Bank Public. Co. Ltd
- Standard Chartered Bank (Thai)
- TISCO Group Wealth Management
- Trinity Watthana PCL