The Philippines baby food market has undergone a volume decrease of almost 7% between 2009 and 2015 despite the fairly stable number of births up until 2012 and the subsequent gradual rise in the number of births. The development of the market has been constrained by an increase in the breastfeeding rate and low average family incomes with a very small middle class. The structure of the market has altered only slightly in recent years. Rising levels of disposable income have driven forward sales of some premium lines for more wealthy consumers although at the same time other families have increasingly opted for lower-priced brands with the result that decline at constant prices has been even greater than the volume decrease.
- The Philippines baby food market sales by value rose by 13% in current terms.
- Baby Milks remained by far the largest sector accounting for 77.4% of consumption in 2015 compared with 80.7% in 2009. The shares of cereals has risen from 15.2% in 2009 to 17.9% while the share of wet meals and other baby foods has risen from 4.1% to 4.8%.
- The bulk of sales of all baby food sectors take place through supermarkets with varying smaller shares passing through grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Supermarkets have made strong headway and in 2015 account for 79.6% of overall sales up from 70.8% in 2008.
“Baby Food in Philippines” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Philippines market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research fieldwork market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments segmentation per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy:
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyze current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Background to the Market
Key features and developments
Market value and volume
Baby cereals and dry meals
Other baby food
Production and trade
Nestlé Philippines Inc
Mead Johnson Nutrition (Philippines) Inc
Fonterra Brands (Philippines)
Baby Food Retailing
Key macro-economic forecasts
Prospects and forecasts
Birth and population projections
Additional data tables