India is the largest producer and consumer of milk globally. The Indian dairy sector grew by 12% year-on-year in FY 12 and is expected to record a growth of 15.6% year-on-year in FY 16. While traditionally the dairy sector was largely engaged in producing liquid milk, the past two decades have seen a change in demographic and dietary patterns and now value added products have gained importance. Ice cream, yogurt, cheese, flavored milk etc. are seeing wide acceptance in the market.During the last financial sector milk prices have increased due to rise in cost of cattle feeds. The milk inflation has adversely affected the margins of the players.
China’s dairy sector, which was valued at USD 40.6 billion in 2013, is currently experiencing oversupply to such an extent that farmers are pouring milk down the drain and slaughtering cattle. The sector is also suffering on account of the global fall in milk prices and the quality issues in domestic milk production. Locals who can afford it prefer to consume only foreign brands of milk and milk products and this is causing a decrease in demand.
Why should the report be purchased?
The report ‘Assessment of the Indo-China Dairy Market’ highlights key dynamics of the global, India and China’s baby food market. The potential of the sector has been investigated along with the emerging trends.The current market scenario and future prospects of the sector has also been studied. The report contains profiles of key players including Nestle, Danone, Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd, Amul, Mother Dairy, China Mengniu Dairy Company Ltd, Yili Group, Bright Dairy & Food Co., Ltd, Sanyuan Group. The report contains latest opinions of industry experts.
Research methodology and delivery time
The author has conducted in depth secondary research to arrive at key insights. Data collected from key public industry sources and publications has been scanned and analyzed impartially to present a clear picture of the industry. All recent developments which impact the sector dynamics have been captured and used to support the research hypothesis.
The report is available in soft as well as hard copy format. The delivery time for the electronic version of the report is 2 business days. The dispatch time for hard copies is 3 business days, as each hard copy is custom printed for the client.
1.2 Market Statistics & Performance
2. India Dairy Market
2.2 Market Statistics & Performance
2.3 Market Drivers
3. China DairyMarket
3.2 Market Statistics & Performance
3.3 Market Drivers
3.4 Government Initiatives
4. Competitive Landscape
4.3 Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd
4.5 Mother Dairy
4.6 China Mengniu Dairy Company Ltd
4.7 Yili Group
4.8 Bright Dairy & Food Co., Ltd
4.9 Sanyuan Group
5. List of Charts and Graphs
6. Research Methodology
7. About Author
List of Figures
1. Global Top 10 producers of cow milk (2013, million metric tons)
2. Global Milk Production of Major Exporters (2013-2016 E, million metric tons)
3. Number of cattle worldwide (2000-2013, million animals)
4. Total Milk Production in the United States (2005-2014, million pounds)
5. India Market Share of Milk & Milk Products by Total Sales Value (%, FY13)
6. India Average Penetration Rate of Dairy Brands in India (2012 & 2013, %)
7. India Milk Powder Yearly WPI (2006-2013)
8. Revenue of ice cream manufacturing in India (2008-2018 E, USD million)
9. China Cow Milk Production (2009-2014, x 1.000 ton)
10. China Liquid Milk Production (2009-2014, x 1.000 ton)
11. China Milk Powder Production (2009-2014, x 1.000 ton)
12. China Sales Volume of Dairy Products (2011-3Q2015, million tons)