HIMSS AsiaPac 2015 was attended by delegates, an 18% increase in conference attendance over the previous year. Among attendees, X% were healthcare providers, while X% were healthcare technology vendors - predominantly those providing healthcare IT solutions. Attendees also included government policy makers (4%), highlighting the impact the conference has on actual health system developments in the region.
The theme for 2015, "SMART Healthcare: Transforming How We Manage Health," shows how far APAC has come as a region on its connected health journey. of course, there are large pockets still struggling to establish basic public infrastructure, such as reliable electricity, continuous Internet access, advanced broadband, and hospitals and primary care centers; as a region, APAC is ready to embrace the idea of SMART Healthcare, which encompasses not only investments in technology, but more importantly, implementing a social and regulatory framework that supports technology adoption. Countries working in this direction include Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Japan, India, and Indonesia.
2. Conference Overview and Highlights
3. Notable Discussions
- Recent Developments and Future Plans for Singapore, the SMART Nation
- Inauguration of the First Fully Digital hospital in Australia: St. Stephens at Hervey Bay
- Innovative Homecare Model from Japan Being Introduced in Singapore
- Industry Best Practices Adopted by KPJ Healthcare
- Vendors Believe APAC is Ready for Best-In-Class Technologies
- Outstanding ICT Achievement Award
- Outstanding ICT Innovation Award
- Outstanding ROI Achievement Award
6. Prelude to HIMSS-AsiaPac 2016: Digital Healthcare Week
7. Legal Disclaimer