Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of ezCertifications courses, because it puts participants in the right mindset to apply the principles in a realistic setting. The role-play activities included in this course present a real-world connection by using situations that can occur in the day-to-day life of participants. In addition, interactive elements such as brainstorms, quizzes, and discussions add to the interactive nature of this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of virtualization.
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features.
- Understand the implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications and recognize issues, challenges, and opportunities for managing this.
- Comprehend the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities for managing this.
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques, and understand the implications for an organization.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
- Course Introduction - Course Overview
- Introduction of Virtualization - Context, Definitions, and Landscape
- Business Perspective - Business Value, Inhibitors, and Challenges
- The Virtual Data Center: Server Virtualization - Server Virtualization, Elements, Platforms, and Features
- The Virtual Data Center: Storage, Networks, and Applications - Storage, Networking, Automation, Tools, and Implications
- Workplace Virtualization Technologies - Workplace, Challenges, and Solutions
- Adopting Virtualization - Roadmaps, Service Introduction, and Migration Techniques
- Operating Virtualization - Service Management Applied to Virtualization
- Governing Virtualization - Risk Management, Financial Management, and Sharing Policy
- Exam Preparation - 40 Sample Questions Exam