The report provides a breakdown of supply of kitchen furniture by cabinet door material (solid wood, veneer, laminated, decorative paper, thermoplastics, lacquered, melamine, aluminium, glass) and colour (white, bright, neutral), by cabinet door lacquering (bright, opaque) and by worktop material (solid surface materials, natural and engineered stone, laminated, tiles, steel and aluminium, wood, glass).
A breakdown of Chinese kitchen furniture exports and imports is provided by country and by geographical area.
Reference prices for kitchen furniture and appliances, data on productive concentration, and employment, are also provided.
The analysis of kitchen furniture distribution in China covers the following distribution channels: Contract/Building trade, kitchen specialists, furniture shops, furniture chains, DIY, E-commerce. A list of the main Kitchen furniture retailers in major Chinese provinces is provided.
The competitive system analyses the presence (sales data and market shares) of the major 50 kitchen furniture manufacturers in China and their exports.
Short company profiles, of the top kitchen furniture manufacturers are also included.
Sales data and market shares are also provided by average factory price and for a sample of foreign kitchen furniture players active on the Chinese market.
The report covers both kitchen furniture and the built-in appliances sold through this channel. A chapter is dedicated to major appliances by category (hoods, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers. cooking appliances, washing machines).
The Report shows also a wide range of macro-economic indicators (Country indicators, Real growth of GDP and inflation up to 2020, population indicators, data on disposable income and wealth, data on construction sector and real estate).
An address list of the major players in the kitchen furniture industry in China is also included.
2. The kitchen furniture market in China
Overview: Production, International trade, Consumption
Furniture consumption by segment
World market of kitchen furniture: production and consumption. Focus on selected countries. Comparison with macro indicators
3. The kitchen furniture market: activity trend and forecasts
Production, International trade, Consumption, 2012-2015. US$ Million, RMB Million, Thousand units , Prices US$ per unit
The openness of the kitchen furniture market, 2009-2015
4. International trade
China and Hong Kong. Exports and Imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area, 2009-2014
World market of kitchen furniture. Main origin of imports for selected countries
World market of kitchen furniture: production, international trade and consumption. Focus on selected countries
5. Kitchen furniture supply structure
Employment and Average Turnover per Employee
- Year of establishment, number of employees and covered plant surface in sqm in a sample of companies
- Location of a sample of 100 kitchen furniture and appliance manufacturers, by Province
- Local production districts by specialization
Standards of Chinese Kitchens
- Most used colours for cabinet doors in a sample of companies
- Most used types of wood for cabinet doors in a sample of companies
Breakdown of supply by cabinet door material and colour
- Breakdown of supply by cabinet door material, colour, lacquering. Data 2013 and 2015
- Breakdown of supply by cabinet door material and colour in a sample of companies
Breakdown of supply by worktop material
- Breakdown of supply by worktop material. Data 2013 and 2015
- Breakdown of supply by worktop material in a sample of companies
Manufacturers of cabinet doors and other components
Distribution pattern in a sample of companies
- Breakdown of domestic kitchen sales by distribution channel. Data 2013 and 2015
- Breakdown of domestic kitchen sales by distribution channel in a sample of companies
- Number of outlets and average turnover per outlet in a sample of companies
- Main Kitchen furniture retailers in: Guangzhou; Chengdu; Xian; Donguan; Beijing; Qingdao; Hangzhou; Shanghai; Shengyang; Shenzen; Fuzhou
Main furniture chains
Main DIY and Department Stores
Jointed sales of kitchen furniture and built-in appliances
- Incidence of built-in appliances on total kitchen sold in a sample of companies. Data 2013 and 2015
- Number of built-in appliances per 100 kitchens sold in a sample of companies
Reference prices for kitchen furniture and appliances
7. The Competitive System
Top 50 players
- Top 50 Chinese kitchen furniture manufacturers: sales, market shares and short profiles
- Export sales in a sample of Chinese kitchen furniture manufacturers
- Export sales in a sample of Chinese kitchen furniture manufacturers by Country/Area
Sales in China
- Top 50 players in the Chinese kitchen furniture market: Sales and market shares
Sales by average factory price
- Kitchen furniture market. Top 50 players in the low price range
- Kitchen furniture market. Top 50 players in the middle-low price range
- Kitchen furniture market. Top 45 players in the middle price range
- Kitchen furniture market. Top 50 players in the upper price range
Sales by province
- Breakdown of domestic kitchen sales by region in a sample of companies
Foreign kitchen furniture players in China
- Kitchen furniture sales in China from foreign brands
8. Built-in appliances
Basic data: Production, Consumption and International Trade
Exports and imports by country and by geographical area, 2009-2014
Manufacturers of major appliances: short profiles
Refrigerators and Freezers
9. Economic trend and demand determinants
Real growth of GDP and inflation, 2014-2020; Population; Disposable income; Construction sector and real estate
Annex 1: Fairs, Trade Magazines and Associations
Annex: Directory of companies active in the Chinese kitchen furniture market
In 2015 kitchen furniture market was quite stable in the first half of the year, while some companies showed decline sales compared with the same time last year. Conversely, in the second half of the year, the market showed quite strong growth, amid the government policy to spur the sale of real estate.
The top 50 players in China represent 80% of the kitchen furniture market and the top ten exporters own 26% of total kitchen exports in value. The most important productive clusters for kitchen furniture are located in Guangzhou and Zhejiang taking advantage especially of the proximity to Hong Kong. Very important too are the areas of Shandong, Shanghai and Beijing.
The most used materials for cabinet doors are lacquered on MDF (27%) and thermoplastic (18%). Around 13% of the whole production of cabinet doors is made of solid wood, mostly for export. The use of aluminium, melamine and glass is marginal, but now to be introduced even in "cheap" kitchens.
- Aran World
- Arrow Ceramics
- Benkai (Okelo)
- C&C Kitchen (Golden Home)
- Daeshin (Daxing)
- Dandy Holding (Rebon)
- Debao Industries (SigMan)
- Elabor Henan
- Euromax Neuvelle
- Hanex Home
- Hunan Joyd Kitchen (Joydar)
- Kangsheng (Kinetic)
- Kebao Boloni
- Kloly Kitchen
- Olo Home Furnishing
- Vatti Kitchen