This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for treatments of skin diseases, perhaps the most common of human afflications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Focused coverage of four major categories of skin disease of exceptional medical and commercial significance: dermatitis (allergic and contact), cancers (including melanoma), immune disorders (including psoriasis), and infections (bacterial, fungal and viral).
- Topics such as skin structure and function, diseases of the skin, current treatment options, and unmet clinical needs.
- Discussion of the evolution of the market, including the rising prevalence of some skin diseases, and new diagnostic and treatment options.
- Examination of the global market by product categories, such as anti-allergic products, antibacterials, antifungals, antivirals, immunotherapies, and anticancers.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
Use this report to:
- Assess and quantify current trends in the global dermatology market in the context of size and growth.
- Evaluate global market trends for drugs used in the treatment of major skin diseases.
- Gain insight into ongoing research into improved treatment modalities, especially those utilizing biological approaches.
- Identify long-standing and emerging companies through profiles and an update on M&A activity.
This report is designed to satisfy the information needs of a wide variety of individuals involved in the dermatology marketplace, including company senior management executives seeking to base their strategic decisions on the best-available information on market forces and trends. However, it is also aimed at managers and executives in marketing, research, planning and sales departments who need readable, comprehensive and up-to-date background on the marketplace in which they are operating.
Sources of information included marketing strategists, industry executives, government and professional agencies and surveys of physicians. Company annual reports and SEC filings, journal articles and data from healthcare institutions were also mined.
- Study Goals And Objectives
- Reasons For Doing The Study
- Scope Of Report
- Market Analyses And Forecasts
- Intended Audience
- Information Sources
- Analyst's Credentials
- Related Bcc Research Reports
- Bcc Research Website
Chapter 2: Summary
- Skin Disease And Its Treatment
- About The Market
Chapter 3: Overview
- Skin Structure And Functions
- Skin Diseases
Chapter 4: Major Skin Diseases
- Immune-Related Conditions
- Skin Infections
- Skin Cancers
Chapter 5: Dermatology Products
Chapter 6: Current And Forecast Markets
- Developed Markets
- Bric Markets
Chapter 7: The Dermatology Industry
- Industry Structure And Trends
- Company Profiles
Chapter 8: Appendix I: Glossary
Chapter 9: Appendix Ii: The Immune System
- Two Defense Strategies
- Markers Of Self
- Humoral Immunity: B Lymphocytes
- Cellular Immunity: T Lymphocytes
- Natural Immunity
List Of Tables
- Summary Table : Global Market For Skin Disease Treatment Technologies By Region, Through 2020
- Table 1 : Products Undergoing Research As Potential Treatments For Dermatitis
- Table 2 : Global Market For Dermatitis By Type, Through 2020
- Table 3 : Compounds Under Development For Cutaneous Lupus Treatment
- Table 4 : Global Market For Immune-Related Skin Diseases By Type, Through 2020
- Table 5 : Cost Of Psoriasis Therapies In A Typical Western European Country
- Table 6 : Global Market For Psoriasis By Region, Through 2020
- Table 7 : Antifungals For Superficial Fungal Infections
- Table 8 : Antiviral Drugs Available
- Table 9 : Potential Drug Candidates For Skin Infection Treatments
- Table 10 : Global Market For Skin Infections By Type, Through 2020
- Table 11 : Potential Products For Acne Treatment
- Table 12 : Global Market For Acne Medications By Type, Through 2020
- Table 13 : Products In Pipeline For Skin Cancer Therapeutics
- Table 14 : Global Market For Skin Cancer Therapeutics, Through 2020
- Table 15 : U.S. Annual Direct Cost Of Prescription Drugs, 2004
- Table 16 : U.S. Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 17 : Japanese Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 18 : German Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 19 : French Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 20 : Italian Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 21 : Spain's Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 22 : U.K. Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 23 : Brazilian Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 24 : Russian Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 25 : India's Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 26 : Healthcare Statistics In China, 2006 Versus 2011
- Table 27 : Chinese Market For Prescription Dermatology Drugs, Through 2020
- Table 28 : Immunotherapeutics In Skin Diseases
List Of Figures
- Summary Figure : Global Market For Skin Disease Treatment Technologies By Region, 2013-2020
The dermatology market is facing a period of change after several years during which it was a relatively modest and slow-growing sector within the overall pharmaceutical environment. The advent of innovative therapies for some skin diseases has been a stimulus for renewed interest in this market among major pharma companies.
New contenders in this market have emerged as small- to medium-size companies evolve into medium to large concerns by a process of serial acquisitions. In this environment, there is a need for an up-to-date and comprehensive appraisal of the dermatology
marketplace, with a review of the most important diseases, portfolios and pipelines.
Scope of Report:
This report discusses the implications of the above-mentioned trends in the context of the current size and growth of the dermatology market, discussed both in global terms and in reference to the most important national markets.
Long-standing and emerging companies are discussed, with profiles of their leadership and an update on M&A activity. Five-year global sales forecasts are provided for main drug categories, and breakdowns are provided for several national markets.
- Aicuris Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Anges Mg
- Apeiron Biologics Ag
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Astion Pharma A/S
- Barrier Therapeutics
- Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals
- Dusa Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Eli Lilly
- Galderma Pharma Sa/Galderma Sa
- Hanall Biopharma
- Immune Technologies & Medicine
- Janssen Biotech
- Kaken Pharmaceuticals
- Leo Pharma A/S
- Meda Ab
- Navidea Biopharmaceuticals
- Nitric Biotherapeutics
- Novartis International
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Stiefel, A Gsk Company
- Switch Biotech 122
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.