Non-traditional Life Insurance Products with Guarantees provides an overview of all of the relevant aspects of these investment and retirement products from an insurer’s and pension plan’s perspective and offers practical and theoretical advice. The editors have brought together a team of authors from the industry, resulting in a practical and essential text for any insurer.
- Low Interest Rate Environments and the Consequences
- Capital-light Products
- The Need for Modern Forms of Annuities
- How did VAs Fare in the Crisis?
- Valuation as Basis for any Risk Management
- Life Insurance Products are Exotic Derivatives
- Models Used to Value Equity and Interest Rate Derivatives
- Stochastic Cash-flow Modelling
- Policyholder Behavioral models
- Mortality/Longevity Modelling
- Capital Markets Risks
- Managing the Risks Underlying a VA Liability
- Measuring and Monitoring Hedge Efficiency
Kannoo Ravindran (Ravi). Since pioneering the use of derivatives to manage market risks embedded in variable annuities at a time when writers of such risks used only traditional reinsurance/retrocession or took on the risks naked, Ravi has been working on all aspects of variable annuity risk-management (including managing such risks on a total account value exceeding USD 100 billion) and product development. Ravi is currently President and CEO of Annuity Systems.