The growing geriatric population, coupled with an increasing population base for chronic disease patients, and technological advancements in the field of life science are the key factors driving the growth of overall PCR market. The rising incidence of infectious disease and genetic disorders and increased public-private investments, funds, and grants for PCR-based research are further assisting the market growth.
The PCR technology market can be segmented into three major categories—standard PCR, real-time PCR (qPCR), digital PCR (dPCR), and other PCR technologies. Standard PCR is gradually being replaced by qPCR and dPCR. qPCR is well-established and reliable technology owing to its speed, sensitivity, specificity, and ease-of-use. In 2014, real-time PCR was a dominant technology in PCR instruments market. dPCR is the most recent technology and expected to witness the highest CAGR during 2015-2020. The high growth is attributed to its higher accuracy, sensitivity, and absolute quantification
This report segments PCR instruments end-user market in four distinct segments, reference laboratories, research laboratories/academic institutes/hospitals, medium-sized laboratories, and others (clinical research organizations and forensic laboratories). Reference laboratories command the largest share of PCR instruments market owing to increased test volume of infectious diseases and growing incidence of various types of cancers.
The qualitative data in the study covers various levels of industry analysis such as market dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats). The competitive landscape covers key industry players in this market and detailed information of their product portfolio. The above mentioned market research data, current market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key players and new entrants make necessary decisions regarding product offerings, change in approach, R&D investments for innovation in products and technologies, and levels of output in order to remain successful.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market. Insights cited in the report will help these firms to stay competitive in the market and garner a greater market share. The study analyzes end-user preferences, their needs, and position of particular product in PCR market. This will result in enhanced consumer understanding and increase effectiveness of overall business processes. Companies purchasing the report could use the below-mentioned information for strategy development, market penetration, product development/innovation, and for strengthening market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Pricing Assessment: This section provides comprehensive information on pricing of PCR instruments with breakdown into various cost components such as machine cost, training cost, service and software cost, and maintenance cost, among others.
- Selection Criteria of PCR Machine: This section provides insights on the adoption trend of PCR instruments in the research/diagnostics setting.
- End-user Market Analysis: This section dissects various end-user segments and their share in PCR system market. This section also provides important parameters considered while purchasing a PCR system by particular end user.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of key market players, detailed information of their product portfolio and share of leading players in the PCR systems market
- Replacement Trends: This section provides exhaustive information on replacement trends for PCR technologies.
- Selection criteria for PCR systems (End-user Perspective): This section provides in-depth assessment of critical factors that are important from end-user viewpoint. These parameters include sensitivity, consistent quality of data, high-throughput ability, multiplexing capability, price of instrument, ease of use, services and support, and brand of a system, among others.
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Dynamics
5 Company Profiles And Product Portfolio
6 Comparison of Pcr With Other Molecular Diagnostic Technologies
7 Competitive Landscape
8 Pcr End User Analysis
9 Pcr Usage Pattern And Replacement Trends
List of Figure:
Figure 1 Schematic Representation of Pcr Cycle
Figure 2 Growing Geriatric Population
Figure 3 Pcr to Dominate the Molecular Diagnostic Technologies Market During the Forecast Period
Figure 4 Pcr Instruments Market Share Analysis, By Key Players
Figure 5 Pcr Machine Cost Components
Figure 6 Pcr Instruments Market, By End Users
Figure 7 Cost of Instruments Vs Throughput Capability
Figure 8 Thermocyclers: Cost of Instruments Vs Throughput Capability
Figure 9 Pcr Systems: Cost of Instruments Vs Throughput Capability
Figure 9 Large Reference Laboratories: Selection Criteria
Figure 10 Large Reference Laboratories: Selection Criteria
Figure 11 Medium Sized Laboratories: Selection Criteria
Figure 12 Research Laboratories/Academic Institutes/Hospitals Selection Criteria
Figure 13 Top Used Pcr Machine Brands
Figure 14 Qpcr And Dpcr Replacement Trends