Objectives of the Presentation:
- Provide adequate training and testing consideration to security issues
- Respond faster to potential organized computer attacks
- Efficient preparation
Why should you Attend:
As organizations begin to build their incident response capability, they are looking to determine the best strategy for putting such a structure in place. They not only want to know what has worked well for others, but also want some guidance on the process and requirements they must follow to establish an effective incident response capability. Designing a CSIRT Training program, Tests and Simulations are key if an organization wants to be prepared to respond to Breach, Malware and more. The reason that so many companies have failed to respond in a quick efficient manner is poor preparation.
- How often to test
- Types of testing
- Who should be involved
- Scenario Development
- Organizational process
Michael C. Redmond is CEO and Lead Consultant for Redmond Worldwide, and is an International Consultant, Speaker, Author, and Teacher. Michael has been consulting independently since 2004. She is a PhD, Board Certified Psycho neurologist (Crisis Psychology).
Dr. Redmond's Certifications include PMP, MBCP, FBCI, and CEM. She is also certified as a Lead Implementer for ISO 27001 Information Security Management, ISO 27035 Incident Response and ISO 22301 Business Continuity /Disaster Recovery. Her past experience includes 13 years as a Sr. Manager with Deloitte, KPMG and Chubb in the areas of: Compliance, Crisis Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, Internal Audit/ Gap Analysis. She was a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Manager with Bank of New York.
Michael is in 2013 Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals and is in the Academic and Professional National Honor Society for Continuity Planners, "Order of the Sword & Shield". She spent 4 years on Active Duty with the Army and 18 1/2 years National Guard and Reserve before retiring as a Major. She is a Graduate of Command & General Staff College (Fort Leavenworth), attended Civil Affairs Courses - US Army JFK School of Special Warfare and is Hazmat Trained, DOD Certified. She has been an Adjunct Professor for New York University and John Jay Graduate School among others, where she taught Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Emergency Management.
Dr Michael C. Redmond,
CEO and Lead Consultant ,
Dr. Michael C. Redmond helps organizations create great Cyber Incident Response Programs. Her vast background includes consulting as a Sr. Manager for both Deloitte and KPMG for 7 ½ years, and 9 years with Redmond Worldwide She has developed, documented and trained in this area for years. Dr. Redmond is aware of many of the most recent incidents and why some of their plans did not work.
Dr. Redmond has a strong Compliance background. She is up to date on ISO 27001, HIPPA, CMS, FFIEC and more. She was an Adjunct Professor for New York University and John Jay Master's Program in Continuity of Business after an Event.
As a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert, advisor, and consultant for Cyber Security projects, she has improved the Incident Management process by:
- Defining the business requirements for a regulatory reporting function in a Cyber and in the Industry environment
- Designing full training program as well as table top and simulation testing. Executing an Incident Drill using the Plans and Playbooks and ensuring that the procedures are executed, finalized and
- Developing Cyber Security Incident Response plans
- Developing full Breach Incident Response Plan that ties in with the Enterprise Risk Management, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs.
- Identifying gaps and closing those gaps
- Meeting best practices, including NIST (National Institute Standards and Technology), ISO 27001, Cobit 4.1 and 5 in planning, testing and documenting.
- Reviewing the current policy and procedures
Dr. Redmond is an author, an International Speaker and Trainer. She spoke in Nigeria and was endorsed by Gen Yakubu Gowon, Past Head of State. She served as the attaché to Chile for a special Speaking and Training project at the request of the President of Chile. Ms. Redmond trained Agencies for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Health on Continuity of Operations Training. She recently spoke in Angola and trained over 50 corporations.
- Risk Managers
- Current and prospective CSIRT managers; C-level managers such as CIOs, CSOs, CROs; and project leaders interested in establishing or starting a CSIRT
- Other staff who interact with CSIRTs and would like to gain a deeper understanding of how CSIRTs operate. For example, CSIRT constituents; higher-level management; media relations, legal counsel, law enforcement, human resources, audit, or risk management staff