The 2016–2017 Outbound Solutions Product and Market Report provides a comprehensive, timely and focused analysis of this resilient market sector. The Report addresses leading and contending vendors, their products and services, underlying technology, pricing, benefits, return on investment (ROI), go-to-market strategies, trends and challenges, and planned innovations. It also presents an analysis of outbound market activity and provides 5-year market projections.
This 366-page report analyzes the competitive landscape and provides insights into customer satisfaction with vendors, and presents implementation best practices to help users realize the greatest continuing return on their technology investments. This edition features 7 leading and contending outbound solution providers: 3Clogic, Connect First, Five9, Interactive Intelligence, inContact, Noetica and Velocify. Velocify, a new entrant in the 2016 edition of this Report, is covered at a higher level.
Key features of the Report include:
- Service delivery models and deployment options for outbound solutions: on-premise, cloud and managed service
- Examination of the technical framework, functional components and integration requirements that are essential for leading outbound solutions
- Analysis of the primary dialing modes, omni-channel and blended channel capabilities required to support successful omni-channel outbound customer engagement strategies
- Review of the market, business, operational and technical trends and challenges that are driving outbound investments and vendor innovation
- Discussion of outbound market innovation, including new functionality that has recently been introduced, and what is planned to be delivered in the next 12 – 18 months
- A practical guide to current outbound calling regulations in the United States (US), United Kingdom (UK) and Canada, including a detailed review of the approaches taken by the 6 leading and contending outbound solution providers to help their customers comply
- A review of the preference management and business intelligence (BI) capabilities of outbound solutions, and how they can be used to improve the customer journey
- Review and analysis of the outbound features necessary to address global business requirements
- Outbound market activity analysis, adoption rates, and 5-year market growth projections
- Review and assessment of the outbound dialing competitive landscape
- Overview of the 7 featured outbound solution providers, including company snapshots, product summaries and verticalized offerings
- Side-by-side comparative analyses of 12 key functional and technical capabilities of the 6 featured outbound suites
- Implementation analysis, including vendor methodology, training and workshops, best practices, and maintenance and support
- Analysis of the quantifiable benefits of outbound solutions, by vendor
- Comprehensive vendor satisfaction survey results that measure and rank vendor approval ratings across 21 product components and 10 vendor categories
- Vendor pricing for 100- and 300-seat on-premise and cloud-based and managed service outbound implementations
- Detailed company reports for the 7 leading and contending WFM vendors, analyzing their products, functionality and future product development plans
- Comprehensive Outbound Vendor Directory
Key Reasons to Buy This Report:
- Insights into the technical framework, functional components and integration requirements that are essential for leading outbound solutions
- Description and explanation of the 8 primary dialing modes and when each should be used
- A look at the trends and challenges that are driving investments by enterprises and vendors
- Description of vendor innovation, either recently introduced or planned for delivery in the next 12 – 18 months
- Examination of the role of outbound solutions in blended omni-channel customer engagement strategies
- Analysis of how organizations can use PCC as a cornerstone of a customer engagement strategy
- Detailed review of outbound dialing regulations worldwide, along with an analysis of the functionality in outbound solutions that allows users to reach out to customers while remaining regulatory-compliant
- Market activity and market share analysis, adoption rate, and 5-year projections
- Thorough analysis of the outbound competitive landscape, to help prospects identify the right solution to meet their needs
- Overview of the 7 featured outbound providers, including company snapshots and product summaries
- In-depth review and side-by-side comparative analyses of the functional and technical capabilities of the 7 featured outbound solutions
- A review of vendor implementation methodology and best practices
- Return on investment (ROI) analysis, analyzing the benefits of the outbound solutions, by vendor
- Comprehensive vendor satisfaction analysis, presenting DMG survey results that measure and rank ratings across 20 product components and 10 vendor categories
- Detailed pricing comparison for on-premise, cloud-based and managed service outbound solutions for 100- and 300- seat implementations
- Company reports for the 7 solution providers covered in this Report, analyzing their products, functionality and future product development plans
- A comprehensive Outbound Vendor Directory
Please Note: A customer license letter agreement needs to be signed prior to delivery of this product. This letter will be sent to you via email after your order is placed.
1. Executive Summary
3. Consulting Research Methodology
3.1 Report Participation Criteria
4. Service Delivery Models for Outbound Solutions
4.1 Service Delivery Definitions
4.2 Vendor Service Delivery Options
5. Outbound Solution Functional Building Blocks
5.1 Dialing Modes
5.1.1 Dialing Modes Supported
5.2 Core Outbound Functionality
5.3 Outbound Optimization Capabilities
5.4 Blended/Omni-Channel Capabilities
5.4.1 Omni-Channel Customer Engagement Strategies
6. Outbound Trends and Challenges
6.1 Outbound Trends
6.2 Outbound Market Challenges
7. Outbound Market Innovation
7.1 New Product Features
7.2 Future Enhancements
8. Regulatory Compliance
8.1 Telephone Consumer Protection Act
8.1.1 Automatic Telephone Dialing Systems
8.1.2 Cell Phones – Consent, Revocation and Reassignment
8.2 Do-Not-Call – US and Beyond
9. Preference Management
9.1 Customer Profile and Preference Management
10. Outbound Intelligence
10.1 Business Intelligence Capabilities
10.2 Best Time and Channel to Contact
12. Outbound Market Activity Analysis
13. Outbound Market Projections
14. Outbound Competitive Landscape
14.1 Outbound Solutions Vendor Guide
15. Outbound Vendors and Solutions
15.1 High-Level Company and Financial Overview
15.2 Vendor Offerings and Products
15.3 Verticalized Solutions
15.4 SMB Solutions
16. Detailed Functional and Technical Summary
16.1 Architecture and Technology
16.4 Security Features
16.5 Campaign and List Management Capabilities
16.6 Contact/Dial Plan Features
16.7 Proactive Customer Care (PCC)
16.8 Agent Features
16.10 Supervisory Features
16.11 Dashboards, Reporting and Analytical Capabilities
16.12 Speech Analytics
17. Implementation Analysis
17.1 Implementation Process
17.2 Training and Workshops
17.3 Outbound Best Practices
17.4 Maintenance and Support
18. Outbound Benefits
19. Outbound Vendor Satisfaction Analysis
19.1 Summary of Survey Findings and Analysis
19.2 Detailed Survey Findings and Analysis
19.3 Customer Insights
19.3.1 Outbound Activities
19.3.2 Primary Benefits
19.3.3 Strengths and Challenges of Outbound Solutions
20.1 Premise-Based Pricing
20.2 Cloud-Based Pricing
20.3 Managed Service Pricing
21. Company Reports
21.2 Connect First, Inc.
21.3 Five9, Inc.
21.4 inContact, Inc.
21.5 Interactive Intelligence, Inc.
Appendix: Outbound Dialing and Proactive Customer Care Vendor Directory
Table of Figures
Figure 1: Service Delivery Models, Advantages and Disadvantages
Figure 2: Service Delivery Model Definitions
Figure 3: Outbound Vendor Service Delivery Options
Figure 4: Outbound Solutions Building
Figure 5: Dialing Modes Supported
Figure 6: Core Functionality
Figure 7: Outbound Optimization Features
Figure 8: Omni-Channel Capabilities
Figure 9: Blended/Omni-Channel Capabilities
Figure 10: Omni-Channel Customer Engagement Strategies
Figure 11: 2016 Outbound Market Trends
Figure 12: 2016 Outbound Market Challenges
Figure 13: New Product Features
Figure 14: New Product Features, by Category
Figure 15: Future Enhancements
Figure 16: Outbound Regulations and Compliance Requirements – Marketing Operations
Figure 17: Outbound Regulations and Compliance Requirements – Debt Collection Operations
Figure 18: Regulatory Compliance Features
Figure 19: TCPA-Compliant Dialing
Figure 20: Cell Phone Support Features
Figure 21: DNC Support Features
Figure 22: Preference Management Features
Figure 23: Business Intelligence Capabilities
Figure 24: Best Time/Channel to Contact Features
Figure 25: Globalization
Figure 26: Outbound Solutions Market Activity by Vendor, as of December 31, 2015
Figure 27: Outbound Solutions Market Activity by Number of Seats, as of December 2015
Figure 28: Outbound Solutions Market Activity by Vendor, December 31, 2015 vs. December 2014
Figure 29: Total Outbound Solution Seats by Vendor, 2012 – 2015 Trends
Figure 30: Outbound Solutions Market Projections, 2016 – 2020
Figure 31: Company Information as of December 2015
Figure 32: Product Analysis: Core and Optional Functionality
Figure 33: Verticalized Offerings
Figure 34: Small and Mid-sized Business Offerings
Figure 35: Architecture/Technology
Figure 36: Integration Capabilities
Figure 37: Administration
Figure 38: Security Features
Figure 39: Campaign and List Management Capabilities
Figure 40: Contact/Dial Plan Features
Figure 41: Proactive Customer Care (PCC)/Robo-Calling
Figure 42: Agent Features
Figure 43: Scripting
Figure 44: Supervisory Features
Figure 45: Dashboards, Reporting and Analytical Capabilities
Figure 46: Speech Analytics
Figure 47: Implementation Process
Figure 48: Training and Workshops
Figure 49: Outbound Best Practices
Figure 50: Maintenance and Support
Figure 51: Top Quantifiable Benefits
Figure 52: Customer Survey Rating Categories
Figure 53: Average Satisfaction Ratings, by Category
Figure 54: Product Satisfaction Ratings, by Category 1
Figure 55: Outbound Dialing Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 56: Contact/Dial Plan Management Features Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 57: Campaign/List Management Features Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 58: Outbound Optimization Features Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 59: Blended Omni-Channel Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 60: IVR/Call Flow Design Feature Set Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 61: Proactive Customer Care (Automated Outbound Notification) Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 62: Customer Preference Management Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 63: Best Time/Channel to Contact Features Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 64: Business Intelligence Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 65: Regulatory and Compliance Features Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 66: Agent Scripting Feature Set Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 67: Agent User Interface and Features Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 68: Supervisor User Interface and Features Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 69: Ease of System Configuration, Set-Up and Ongoing Use Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 70: Ability to Customize System Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 71: Reporting and Analytics Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 72: Dashboards Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 73: Alerting Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 74: System Integration Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 75: System Security Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 76: Current Product Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 77: Implementation Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 78: Training Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 79: Professional Services Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 80: Ongoing Service and Support Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 81: Product Innovation Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 82: Responsiveness to Product Enhancement Requests Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 83: Vendor Communication Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 84: Pricing Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 85: Overall Vendor Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
Figure 86: What dialing methods are your currently using?
Figure 87: For what business purposes are you using the outbound dialer?
Figure 88: For what channels are you using the outbound dialer?
Figure 89: What are the top 3 to 5 benefits you have realized from your outbound dialing solution?
Figure 90: Please tell us the top 3 - 5 strengths of your outbound solution.
Figure 91: Please tell us the top 3 - 5 challenges of your dialing solution.
Figure 92: How has your outbound solution helped you meet regulatory compliance goals?
Figure 93: Please provide any additional comments about your experience with the vendor and/or product.
Figure 94: Pricing for a Premise-Based Outbound Solution, 100 Agents
Figure 95: Pricing for a Premise-Based Outbound Solution, 300 Agents
Figure 96: Pricing for a 100-Seat Cloud-Based Outbound Solution
Figure 97: Pricing: Pricing for a 300-Seat Cloud-Based Outbound Solution
Figure 98: Pricing for a 100-Seat Managed Service Outbound Solution
Figure 99: Pricing for a 300-Seat Managed Service Outbound Solution
Outbound solutions are essential tools that provide great benefits for the companies that use them properly to engage their customers. Outbound dialing continues to be an important and effective approach for customer outreach. Outbound solutions can provide valuable information, such as customer preferences, which can be used to the benefit of customers and the enterprise. However, the outbound dialing market is facing new and aggressive challenges in the form of highly restrictive regulations.
Today's dialers must be flexible enough to comply with changing legislation imposed by governments around the world, while delivering productivity benefits to users. The outbound solutions market is in transition. Smaller and nimbler vendors who have everything to gain by delivering new, innovative and flexible solutions are challenging the status quo and, in doing so, are capturing mind and market share.
Beyond dialing, the new generation of outbound solutions is designed to address the reality of today's proliferation of digital communications. Organizations need to be prepared to engage with their customers in a wide variety of communications channels. Customers want to interact with companies in their channel of choice; this is particularly true for Millennials, who have made social media a primary form of interaction. Outbound solutions must address a mix of channels in order to acquire, retain and engage their customer base.
Omni-channel outbound activity has become an important part of the overall customer journey. Customers appreciate well-timed and informative outbound notifications, such as reminders, perks and other benefits. These forms of proactive customer care (PCC) are valuable tools for engaging customers, especially when combined with data from customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, which can help personalize outbound communications for each customer.
On the flip side, the outbound vendors are also investing in reporting and other data-mining functionality to derive actionable insights from outbound interactions, which can be used as a feed to CRM solutions to identify the best ways to interact with customers. The insights gleaned from outbound activity can be used to improve the customer experience and reduce operating costs.
Surprisingly, given all of the negative press about dialing solutions, end users are generally quite satisfied with the outbound solutions analyzed in this year's Report. We surveyed the customers of the vendors in 10 major categories, including the vendor, their products, services, support, training and innovation. The results revealed that 66.7% of the ratings across all categories surveyed fell into the highly satisfied range.
21.6% of the average ratings fell into the satisfied range, 8.3% were completely satisfied, and 3.3% were only somewhat satisfied. The Report provides a thorough and detailed analysis of the survey results, by vendor and category. Learn why end users around the world are turning to a new generation of outbound providers.
We expect the future of the outbound solutions market to be positive. This mature sector grew by 8.6% in 2015, despite regulatory challenges. We anticipate a growth rate of at least 7% in each of the next five years, and expects to see seats move from established vendors to new and nimbler providers, many of whom provide their solutions in the cloud. Outbound communications remains a high-value activity that will continue to thrive, especially when it is incorporated into an organization's customer engagement strategy.
The 2016-2017 edition of the Outbound Solutions Product and Market Report presents the most timely and comprehensive coverage of the outbound market. It provides a detailed analysis of 6 vendors: 3CLogic, Connect First, Five9, inContact, Interactive Intelligence and Noetica. Velocify, new to this report this year, is covered at a higher level.
- Vendors are coming to market with flexible and innovative solutions that allow users to realize the productivity benefits of traditional dialers while complying with regulations: Around the world, government regulations are restricting the use of outbound dialing, to protect consumers from coercive or harassing phone calls. To address these challenges, vendors have developed non-automated telephony modes to enable organizations to reach out to their customers without violating regulatory mandates.
- Today's outbound solutions are providing omni-channel, blended communications with personalization: Enterprises need omni-channel outreach capabilities that can be personalized to acquire, retain and engage customers, especially Millennials. The vendors are delivering enhanced solutions with greatly improved user interfaces (UIs) that allow agents to seamlessly blend the handling of interactions customized to customers' needs.
- Outbound communication is an important part of the customer journey: Customers appreciate outbound notifications that are customized and relevant to their needs. Outbound communications can increase customer engagement by reminding customers that a company cares about them. Customized outreach in the customer's channel of choice is a valuable way of enhancing a company's brand and retaining or recovering at-risk customers
- Buyers should investigate the solutions carefully before investing: The outbound market is crowded and confusing. There are many providers, and the solutions are diverse; many are outdated, while there are also innovative and flexible solutions from newer market entrants with who are challenging the established leaders. Market consolidation is likely over the next few years. Prospects should carefully examine the solutions' capabilities, as well as the vendors' financial viability, before making an investment.
- The cloud is the way to go: Demand for cloud-based offerings is growing and capturing an increasing percentage of the outbound solutions market. This is a trend that is expected to pick up momentum.