Clothing for Children and Teenagers: Anthropometry, Sizing and Fit addresses the complexities of developing size specifications for clothing aimed at seven to seventeen year olds. Children and teenagers experience rapid physical growth and alterations in body shape as they develop-changes that pose significant challenges in creating apparel sizing systems. The book begins by introducing the principles of apparel fit and sizing systems. Drawing on the author's own fieldwork, it goes on to discuss methods of conducting anthropometric surveys in children and teenagers, and techniques for analyzing the resulting data in order to produce successful sizing systems.
- Introduces the principles of apparel fit and sizing systems, and discusses methods of conducting anthropometric surveys in children and teenagers
- Offers systematic and comprehensive coverage of the complexities associated with clothing for children and teenagers
- Reviews techniques in analysis and classification of children and teenagers' body shapes and sizes
- Covers the development, designation, and validation of an apparel sizing system for children and teenagers
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Introduction: clothing for children and teenagers
- Size and fit of clothing for children and teenagers
- Conducting anthropometric surveys of children and teenagers
- Children and teenagers body sizes and shapes analyses
- Selecting key body dimensions for the design of children's and teenagers' apparel
- Clustering children and teenagers according to apparel size
- Classifying the body shapes of children and teenagers for improved apparel fit
- Developing apparel sizing systems for children and teenagers
- Designation and validation of apparel sizes for children and teenagers
Dr. Norsaadah Zakaria is currently the Head of Clothing Technology and Fashion at the Institute of Business Excellence, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia. She has organized training and offered professional APD clothing and design technology programmes in collaboration with the Telestia-AB Fashion Centre, Greece. Dr. Zakaria completed her research in body size and shape of 2500 children aged 7-17 years old in Malaysia. She was previously on the main research committee for the organization of national research on Saudi Size in 2015, and managed to secure the national grant to develop the first anthropometric data for Saudi Arabia. Her main research interests include traditional and 3D body scanning anthropometric survey, modelling and data for clothing sizes, shape analysis based on anthropometric data, and sizing system optimization and validation using data mining. She is now pursuing research on adult anthropometric data for women, using Telestia-AB technology to develop pattern making for improving clothing fit and sizing.