Advances in Food Authenticity Testing covers a topic that is of great importance to both the food industry whose responsibility it is to provide clear and accurate labeling of their products and maintain food safety and the government agencies and organizations that are tasked with the verification of claims of food authenticity.
The adulteration of foods with cheaper alternatives has a long history, but the analytical techniques which can be implemented to test for these are ever advancing.
The book covers the wide range of methods and techniques utilized in the testing of food authenticity, including new implementations and processes. The first part of the book examines, in detail, the scientific basis and the process of how these techniques are used, while other sections highlight specific examples of the use of these techniques in the testing of various foods.
Written by experts in both academia and industry, the book provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of this important and rapidly progressing field.
Part One. Advances in Methods for Food Authenticity Testing
2. Advances in DNA Fingerprinting for Food Authenticity Testing
3. Advances in Ultraviolet and Visible Light Spectroscopy for Food Authenticity Testing
4. Advances in Infrared Spectroscopy for Food Authenticity Testing
5. Advances in Fluorescence Emission Spectroscopy for Food Authenticity Testing
6. Advances in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy for Food Authenticity Testing
7. Advances in Mass Spectrometry for Food Authenticity Testing: An Omics Perspective
8. Advances in Electronic Noses and Tongues for Food Authenticity Testing
9. Advances in Isotopic Analysis for Food Authenticity Testing
10. Advances in Chromatographic Techniques for Food Authenticity Testing
11. Advances in Polymerase Chain Reaction Technologies for Food Authenticity Testing
12. Advances in Differential Scanning Calorimetry for Food Authenticity Testing
Part Two. Advances in Authenticity Testing
13. Advances in Authenticity Testing of Geographical Origin of Food Products
14. Advances in Authenticity Testing for Meat Speciation
15. Advances in Authenticity Testing for Fish Speciation
16. Authentication of Cereals and Cereal Products
Part Three. Advances in Authenticity Testing for Food Adulteration
17. Advances in Testing for Adulteration and Authenticity of Dairy Products
18. Advances in the Identification of Adulterated Cereals and Cereal Products
19. Advances in the Identification of Adulterated Vegetable Oils
20. Advances in the Identification of Genetically Modified Foods
21. Advances in the Detection of the Adulteration of Alcoholic Beverages Including Unrecorded Alcohol
22. Advances in Adulteration and Authenticity Testing of Herbs and Spices
23. Tradition Meets High Tech for Authenticity Testing of Fruit Juices
24. Advances in Testing for Adulteration of Food Supplements
25. Chemometrics for Food Authenticity Applications
26. Advances in Testing for Adulteration in Honey