Predictions for 2016:
1. Oil Prices to Stay Below $X in 2016: This report agrees with the general consensus that prices will gradually recover, but will stay below $X per barrel in 2016.
2. Time of Opportunity: The low oil price provides an excellent opportunity for oil companies and private equity firms with capital to invest in either projects or assets.
3. Global Oil Production to be Stable: Increases in Iraq and Iran will be offset by declines in North America.
4. Global Operational Rig Count to Decline by X%: The majority of rigs are used for natural gas, hence the limited impact on oil production. However, the efficiency of operational rigs for both oil and gas continues to increase.
5. Greater Focus on Transportation Costs: As a percentage, transportation costs have increased and the impact is significant for rail and trucks.
6. Increasing Competition in the Gas Market: With the United States shipping liquid natural gas (LNG) to Europe, the balance of power is shifting to consumers of natural gas.
7. Refinery Margins to Stay Strong: In particular, margins in Asia will hold up. The United States will some modest declines, but a recovery is forecast for the end of the year.
8. Downstream Investment Remains Strong: Long-term demand and strategic expectations mean that storage and refinery investment will continue to be strong.
- Key Predictions for 2016
- Key 2016 Oil and Gas Industry Predictions Explained
- Regional Trends 2016
- Oil and Gas in Numbers
- Associated Research and Multimedia on Oil and Gas
3. 2016 Oil and Gas Industry Outlook
- Key 2016 Oil and Gas Industry Predictions
- Key Dynamics Impacting the Oil Price in 2016
- Winners and Losers 2016
- Increasing versus Decreasing Oil Prices
- Oilfield Services
- Key 2016 Upstream Market Predictions
- Capex Forecasts
- Oil Production Forecasts
- Oil Production Costs versus Budget Break-even
- Unconventional Oil Production
- The Oil and Gas Production Conundrum
- Rig Production Forecasts
- Unconventional Gas Production
- Key 2016 Midstream Market Predications
- Oil Transportation Costs
- Transportation - Shipping
- LNG Investment
- Coal-fired Generation - Coal Price Trends
- Key 2016 Downstream Market Predications
- Oil Refining
- Refinery Capacity Construction - Asia, Middle East, and Africa
- Oil Storage
- Gas Storage
- Africa - Key Trends for 2016
- South America - Key Trends for 2016
- North America - Key Trends for 2016
- Europe - Key Trends for 2016
- Russia and CIS - Key Trends for 2016
- The Middle East - Key Trends for 2016
- APAC - Key Trends for 2016
- China - Key Trends for 2016
- Legal Disclaimer