Growing young population and increasing disposable incomes is driving growth in the Indian consumer market. The Sun Protection category is the largest category and is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020. Personalization is the most important trend as consumers prefer to use Suncare products that cater to their lifestyles and age.
- Growing young population and high disposable income is driving the consumer packaged goods market in India.
- Among the two categories analyzed the Sun Protection is the leading value category with 90.1% share by value in the Indian Suncare market.
- Convenience Stores is the leading distribution channel for Suncare products in India.
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the Indian Suncare market.
- Personalization and Added Functionality are the major consumer trends that are driving the Indian Suncare market.
- Demand for premium Suncare products will gain momentum in future.
The Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in India provides insights on high growth categories to target trends in the usage of packaging materials types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Drug stores & Pharmacies Health & Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics Flexible Packaging Rigid Metal and others; container data for: Tube Bottle Aerosol and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Suncare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy:
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Suncare products consumption and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years resulting in revenue expansion
- Report Scope:
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for Indian Suncare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in Indian Suncare market
- Degree of trade up/down in Indian Suncare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Indian Cosmetics & Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Indian Suncare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Suncare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Brand share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- ’sconsumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Indian Suncare market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Indian Suncare market
- How to target the trend in the Indian Suncare market
- How the trend will evolve in the Indian Suncare market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in Indian Suncare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Market value analysis in INR and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to INR
Table 4: Average prices (INR and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 4: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 5: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics & Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 7: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 8: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 9: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 10: Brand share by categories, 2015
- VLCC Healthcare Ltd.
- Oriflame Cosmetics Global SA
- Lotus Herbals Ltd.
- L'Oréal Group
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Amway Corporation
- Procter & Gamble
- Avon Products Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson GmbH